7. Niall Turns 21

Turning twenty one is something most people look forward to. It embarks the point of reaching true adulthood. In Australia you are classified as an adult when you turn 18. You are allowed to vote, drink alcohol and go into adults only sections.

However, here in America, the legal age is 21 and because most of my friends and I live predominantly in LA, not being 21 does suck. If you have connections or a fake ID then you get get into the clubs. But sometimes you get rejected.

Thankfully my fake ID is enough or sometimes I won't even have to use my fake ID because we have connections to the club and get let straight into the VIP area. I definitely wouldn't be able to access that without my friends though, lol.

Louis, Zayn and Liam are already twenty one. Liam's birthday was a couple weeks ago. He actually had a show the night of his birthday and I wasn't there to attend it but I seen videos of the crowd singing him happy birthday.

It is pretty cool to spend your birthday with over 80,000 people. The weekend after his birthday is when we all attended his birthday party in LA. The same thing happened with Niall's birthday. It was on the 13th of September but they were away on tour.

It's now the 27th of September and tonight is Niall's 21st birthday party.

Considering how raw Harry's and my final break up or whatever you want to call it, is, I was even contemplating not showing up so that we don't risk ruining Niall's birthday if we have a public argument. Though I know how much I want to go to celebrate with Niall and I also know how disappointed Niall will be if I don't show up. So that is why I am attending even though I know I am bound to see Harry.

All the boys have texted me to ask me how I am which is really sweet, but Zayn and I have always been the closest so he has been calling me almost every second day to make sure I'm still doing okay. I really appreciate it too. In fact, I am going to call him right now.

"Hayes, what's up?"

"Currently sitting in my hotel room. I had a late night in the studio last night so I am super tired but not tired enough to sleep."

"Man I hate that. You're still coming tonight, right?"

"Yeah, I am. Do you think Harry would rather I not be there though?"

"Who cares. Tonight is about Niall, not Harry. There will be so many people there that you might not even see each other."

I laugh at him. "Zayn, we could be in a stadium full of 100,000 people and Harry and I would still find a way to find each other."

"You're like god damn magnets. Always attract to each other."

I sigh. "Yeah, that is both a good and a bad thing."

"I still feel responsible for how badly things ended with you guys."

"We were already half way there on our own without the secret coming between us. The main thing is that you are in a much better headspace now."

"My cousin came to town and my sister even flew out to come to a couple shows the other week. Spending time with family made everything easier. Not to mention us boys have barely bickered. Things between Harry and I aren't sweet and rosy because he is obviously mad about that phone call we had that morning. But other than that it is fine."

"I am glad to hear that you are doing better. And tonight will be so much fun too."

Zayn laughs. "It will. Look Hailey, to make sure you don't arrive alone, how about I come to your hotel and we get a ride together? Then we both don't have to arrive alone."