69. A Day Early

I'm sitting in the baby's nursery. It doesn't look like a nursery right now, but it will in 48 hours time. I hold the colour paint samples against the wall. The lighting is poor due to it being night time, but I'm leaning more towards colour 582: natural honey. 

It's a neutral shade which will fit perfectly with the furniture. 

All of the furniture is white and a light brown coloured timber. I have done an enormous amount of online shopping in the past week. That includes purchasing artworks for the walls. There's going to be three artworks on the walls. The wall closest to me will have a large landscape artwork of a neutral coloured fence with animals behind it. On the right hand wall there will be two portraits. A lion and a giraffe. 

I'm going for an animal theme. Inspired by David Attenborough documentaries which Harry has got me addicted to watching. 

Standing here deciphering between the colour samples, makes me think of Zayn. He's extremely knowledgeable when it comes to art. I called him twice yesterday but he didn't pick up or return my calls. I thought after our last chat that we had mended our friendship, but I guess he doesn't feel the same way. 

He's going through a lot and I understand that. It just sucks because I miss him. 

I place the paint samples on the white rocking chair. I've decided to go for colour sample 582. My Dad is going to visit Bunnings Warehouse tomorrow and purchase the paint. Then he will paint the room for me. Then we can transfer all of the furniture here from the garage.

My phone buzzes from the floor over by the door. Since it's 11:15pm, I thought that it would be Harry or Zayn calling me. Due to time zones, they are the only two who I speak to late at night. 

However, it is Aaron. I let out an inhumane noise while I bend down on the floor to pick up my phone. When trying to stand back up, my legs give way and I fall backwards onto the floor. I laugh at my clumsiness and inability to get around with ease due to this excess weight in my abdominal region. 

The baby is fine, I didn't fall badly. I just couldn't get up. 

"Hey Az, everything okay at home?" 

"Yeah, everything is perfect." I hear the sound of his car starting in the background. 

"Where are you heading to so late?"

"I'm coming to get you."

I put him on speakerphone and slip my phone into my bra. I use the door frame to assist me in getting up. After succeeding this time, I pull out my phone, turn the light off and leave the nursery. I walk down the hallway until I reach my room. 

"I told you last week that I don't want to walk anymore. I'm huge now. It's too risky, even at night time. I'm at the point where I can't even stand up without assistance." I shake my head, thinking of my accident mere minutes ago. 

Now I hear the sound of his garage door closing before his brakes screech as he slowly drives down their steep driveway. "We're not walking. I'm picking you up and we are going for a drive."

"Tell me we can stop by McDonald's so I can get a large fries and a McFlurry and we have a deal." My latest craving is a flake McFlurry and fries. I dip my fries into the ice cream. Tori has always done it and I used to cringe while watching her, but when I tried it I couldn't stop. It's a bad addiction. I have one almost every day. 

"I'm trying to shred right now and you're making me take you to McDonald's again?"

"It's for your niece, not for me."

He lets out an annoyed groan. "Fuck, I cannot wait until she is out so you can stop using her as an excuse for everything. Aaron, baby is craving waffles. Aaron, I can't wash up because baby doesn't like when I stand on my feet too long."