5. A Mistake?

When I wake up, I can already feel the horrendous side effects of my hangover kicking in. We got home in the early hours of the morning and I had a decent sleep, but man I wish I kept sleeping because my head is in agony.

I hadn't drank that much in a long time and my body was definitely punishing me for it. Harry is already awake and is on his phone, scrolling through Instagram. I pull the blankets over my head because the light coming through the blinds was making my head hurt even more.

"Feeling rough, huh?"

"Ugh, it's horrible. I'm never drinking again." I always say that.

"You always say that."

"How are you acting as if you never drank a thing?" I ask, coming up, out of the blankets.

Harry puts his phone down and rolls on his side so that he is facing me. "Because I didn't drink as much as you. I do feel a bit hung over, but I'm used to having a few with the boys when we're on tour."

He reaches out and touches the side of my face. "You don't look good at all." He then realises what he said. "I mean, you-"

"I get what you mean Harry, it's fine. I probably look as awful as I feel."

He leans forwards and pecks my lips. "I'll go get you something for that headache."

He gets up out of bed and is butt naked. I close my eyes and remember exactly what we did last night. I once again pull the blankets up to cover my face. Ugh, of course I slept with him. I just can't resist him, can I?

Will I ever learn? Nope.

I just wish we could be together without anything coming between us but we have been through this thousands of times and it just can't happen the way we want it to. I did enjoy myself last night. After that whole horrible date experience. Harry is such good company it is hard for anyone to compete with that.

Harry soon comes back into the room with a glass of water and two pills in his hand. He places them in my palm and I put one into my mouth, taking the glass of water and drinking it. After swallowing the first pill I swallow the second one and finish the rest of the glass of water.

"Thank you" I hand him back the glass and he places it on his bedside table and climbs back into bed. He is still naked by the way. Imagine if his house cleaning lady was here. Then again, she has seen him naked a few times before so she is most likely used to it now.

"We did it again Harry." This feels like de ja vu. Every time I feel like we might actually be able to have some sort of a friendship, we do this.

"Oops I did it again" he sings along to the legendary Britney Spears lyrics.

I groan "Harry, now is not the time for humour even though that one was a good one." He holds out his fist in front of me and I hesitate at first but I end up bumping his fist. "We're back to square one."

Harry nods his head slowly. "We are. I'm sorry."

"Don't be. This is my fault, not yours. I was the one who asked you to come out."

"No it isn't. It is both our faults. We just keep coming back to each other."

"Why?"

He shrugs. "I don't know. Some call it fate."

I pick up the pillow and pull it to my face as I try to block out the sunlight seeping through the blinds. After a moment I remove the pillow because I couldn't breathe. 

"It's so hard fighting fate. The only time we were able to stay away from each other was-"

Harry cuts me off by raising his finger and sits up, looking at me with sad eyes. "Don't say it."