59. Maternity Shoot

Rachel's left elbow drops and her breaths become short and desperate. "Rach, you're getting tired. Put the curling wand down and I'll finish the rest."

Ignoring my request, she picks up another section of my hair and parts it with her fingers before wrapping the thick strands around the black curling wand.

"Rachel, I can finish doing-"

"And so can I." She snaps at me. "I did your hair for Aunty Penny's wedding, Grandpa's funeral, your primary graduation and your high school graduation. I've always done this for you until you went all Hollywood on me and got your own professional hair and makeup artists."

I smile at my sister in the reflection of the mirror. This morning I expected to wake up and head straight to Anne's hotel to wait with her until Harry landed in Sydney. But instead I woke up to Anne, Harry and Rachel sitting on the couch in the living room. It was a lovely surprise. One so lovely, my mum couldn't get out of the house quick enough, claiming she had a Sunday brunch with the girls. She hasn't gone to a Sunday brunch with the girls in two years. Once again, we have barely spoken the past few days. Ever since our disagreement over her jealousy of Anne's & my relationship.

The reason why my sister joined Anne and Harry this morning was because her and Aaron picked up Harry from the airport and Anne from her hotel. She brought them here because today we are doing a maternity shoot in the back garden. Aaron left to visit his parents with Tori and Tyde joining him today.

"I really appreciate you doing this for me."

"Hailey, this is nothing compared to what you've done for me. You kept my family together when I couldn't. I will be forever grateful for that. Not only did you take care of my kids, but you were my fiancé's backbone. Although I was a complete bitch to you for a while there, just know that I fucking love you baby sis."

I laugh at her. "I love you too. I was so pissed off at you. Like I was actually fuming."

"I would be pissed at you too if you accused me of being in love with Harry."

An ill feeling rises in my chest and it's not from the nerves thinking about how I'm going to be standing naked on a farm in an hour. It's because of how completely weird it would be, imagining my sister with Harry. First of all, there's eight years between them. Second of all, no. That's just wrong. I don't want to imagine my man with anybody, especially my sister.

There's a swift knock on the door before it opens halfway and Harry pops his head through the crack. "How's the model going?"

Rachel ushers him out of the room with her free hand. "Get out. You can't see her yet."

The smile on Harry's face falls. "What do you mean? We're not getting married yet. I'm not going to get bad luck seeing her."

Rachel turns to look at him. "Did you say yet?"

Harry cocks an eyebrow and gives her an amused look. "You seem shocked that I intend to marry your sister?"

"Well good. As you should intend to marry her. But don't you dare get married before me. I've been engaged for three years. I will be the first to get married."

I laugh at her. "Better hurry up and set a date then."

"Aaron and I were talking about that."

"You've set a date?" I ask in shock, abruptly turning around to stare at my sister face on.

Rachel let's out a gasp and pushes me back around. "Be careful you moron, you almost made me burn myself."

"Sorry." I slump backwards into the chair and place my hands on my stomach. I'm waiting for Rachel to tell me off for not sitting up straight and making it harder for her to do my hair. This position is comfortable though.