63. Vanilla Latte

"Hello, can I please get a vanilla latte with a shot of caramel cream?"

"Yes. What size was that?" The girl at the window asks through the speaker. 

"Grande please."

"Anything else?"

Harry looks over to me. "The usual?" He asks and I nod my head in response. "Can I also get a matcha Frappuccino with almond milk?" He looks back to me. "Grande?" 

"Yes please."

"And can I make that grande please?"

"Grande for that one. Anything else today?"

Once again, Harry turns back to me. He's probably double checking to see if I have got an increased appetite from when I just ate 30 minutes ago. I shake my head no. 

"That's all thank you."

"So I'll just repeat your order. That was a vanilla latte with a shot of caramel cream - grande. And a matcha Frappuccino with almond milk - also grande."

"Thats right, thank you."

"Please drive through to the next window."

"Thank you very much." He says before winding up his window and driving forwards. "Why did I wind up my window when I am only going to wind it down again?" He laughs to himself before pressing the button and winding down the window once again. 

When we get to the next window, the girl with the headset on is staring into the car. "Oh my god, Hi Harry." She places her hand on her chin as she stares at him in shock. "I swear I thought it was you when I heard your voice but I thought that it would have been too good to be true." 

Harry smiles up at the blonde girl who looks as if her whole year has just been made from the sight of Harry. "In that case, you thought correctly. How are you?"

"I'm great, really great."

"Amazing, I'm glad to hear." He holds out his card.

"Oh sorry." She laughs in embarrassment and picks up the eftpos machine. Harry taps his card on the screen and it beeps in approval. "Sorry Harry, would you mind getting a quick picture with me?" She asks while pulling out her phone. 

"Well that depends on how good my latte is." He says to her and her smile falls from her face. The poor girl looks so frightened. "I'm joking, of course." Harry laughs and leans forwards, holding out his hand. "I'll even take it." 

The girl passes Harry his phone and I know that he purposely offered to take the picture so that I am not in the background. Smart boy. 

After taking a picture with the girl, Harry drives forwards to the next window where our drinks are already awaiting us. The man gives us our drinks and we continue on our short drive. 

*

This afternoon went by way too quickly and I am already facing the part that I have dreaded since I woke up this morning. Saying goodbye. 

"As always, I am only a phone call away. You need me here and I'll be here." Harry says while holding me tightly. 

"I am already counting down the days until I can see you again. This time it's longer than the last."

He presses his lips to my cheek and they linger there for a moment. "I know baby, but it's only for a little while longer. When the year ends, I'll be able to be with you and our little girl indefinitely."

I place both of my hands on his cheeks. "I love you so much." 

He leans forwards and kisses me. "I love you too." His eyes drop to my stomach and he places his hand on top of my shirt. "I love you with my whole heart, angel." He eyes then meet mine again. "You sure you're okay?"