39. Dry Shampoo

I am on my phone texting Rachel. She's been doing really well. She's even planning on going to Tori's school next Thursday to watch her do a class performance. That makes me really happy to hear. I look up from my phone and look over at Harry who is staring down at the floor. Every time I look at him, I contemplate telling him about Zayn. 

Although I want to respect Zayn, Harry and I agreed on no more secrets. I walk over to him and place my hand on top of his head, gently running my fingers through his silky locks. 

"What are you thinking about?"

He looks up at me and presses his lips together whilst shaking his head. "It's nothing."

"You sure?"

"I'm scared that I'm going to stuff up or do something wrong."

"Who isn't? Whoever tells you parenting and raising kids is a piece of cake is lying to you. But look at you, look at me. We turned out not half bad, right?"

He laughs.

"Anne brought you up to be the incredible man you are today and my parents brought me up to be the woman I am. Together we can pass on those good qualities and raise this baby. Together Harry. No matter what. We are in this together."

He stands up and walks over to me with a smile on his face. He sits down on the bed beside me. "I heard that sex initiates labour. So if you are overdue then you know, I'll be able to help you get her out."

I laugh at him. "Well hopefully she will come out on time. We don't need an overcooked baby." I reach up and scratch my head. I instantly cringe when I feel my hair. "I think I could fry some chicken in the oil from my head."

"That's gross."

"I know, feel how oily my hair is. It's been two weeks since I've washed it. Dry shampoo is my best friend."

I lean forward and Harry reaches up to feel my hair. "Oh my god Hailey. It feels like straw." He laughs as he feels my hair again. I push his hand away because I know he is going to continue making fun of me.

"I know. My hairdresser would kill me. I've neglected my hair so bad this pregnancy. To be honest, I'm using pregnancy as an excuse. I'm just lazy. I am going to wash my hair now."

*

After my shower, I walk out of the bathroom and Harry is still sitting on the bed. He looks up at me and stares at me with a smug grin on his face. 

"Stop thinking about me naked, Styles."

"Seriously, how can you fucking read my mind?"

"I don't need to read your mind when I can literally see that you are thinking about me naked." I look down at his crotch area and laugh at him. 

"Fuck." He joins in with my laughter. "Are you hungry? Sarah called us for dinner when you were in the shower so I brought yours up for you. You better eat it now. I don't want it to get cold."

My hair is dripping wet so I wrap another towel around it. "I'll dry it later, nothing is worse than eating a delicious dish, cold."

He nods. "Exactly. I'll get the hair dryer out. I'll meet you in there. Dinners on the bed."

I raise my eyebrows. "In bed? You brought my dinner to bed for me?

"Yeah, you said you were tired so now you don't have to walk all the way downstairs to eat."

I smile. "Thank you Harry. Really, I appreciate it."

"I told you I'd be there for you and the baby. And by making sure the mother of my child is happy and healthy, then that means our baby is too."