12. Phone Call

I'm babysitting Tori and Tyde whilst Rachel and Aaron are at work. I'm standing in the kitchen going through my emails on my phone. I press the home button on my phone, then open up the phone app. My recent callers are Rachel x3, Heather x1 and Harry x4. 

I'm going to try calling him once more and if he doesn't answer this time, I am going to get on a plane, fly to wherever the hell he is and demand for him to hear me out. 

With my phone in my right hand, I use my left pointer finger to hit his name. The screen turns black momentarily before lighting up with the calling screen. 

My stomach drops when the dial sound comes to a pause and something that sounds like paper crackling from the other side of the line can be heard. I remain silent, unsure whether to say anything incase he hit accept on accident. 

Travis, Harry's body guard answers the call. "Hello?"

"Travis, hey. It's me Hailey" I say in hope that Harry is nearby and Travis will hand him the phone because he knows who I am.

"How are you Hailey?"

"Good thanks, is Harry around? I really need to speak to him."

Travis sighs. "Look Hailey, I'm sorry but Harry has specifically requested that you do not contact him. He doesn't want to speak to you. I'm really sorry." I can hear music, chanting and loud chatter going on in the background. It sounds to me like they are at some sort of club.

"Travis, I really need to speak to him. Can you please tell him that I am calling him because I desperately need to get into contact with him."

My stomach gurgles and I feel the urge to throw up. Oh please, not now. It's not like I can take the phone with me as it's on a cord.

"Please hold." He puts me on hold and I wait on the other end of the line. Please speak to me Harry. Please. If he won't speak to me then my last resort is telling Heather that I am pregnant and therefore her getting into contact with his management and telling them the news and finally then getting the news to Harry that way. But I don't want that to happen. I don't want to do it that way. It's not fair on Harry or our baby for him to find out like that.

"This isn't a good time for Harry, Hailey."

"Travis. You know me. You know I only ask for favours when it is an emergency."

"Are you alright? Are you hurt or anything?" Travis asks and then I hear a voice in the background. There are a lot of background noises, but I can definitely hear that deep, raspy voice above them all.

The phone then sounds like someone is covering the microphone and moving the phone around. I have to pull the phone away from my ear slightly because it was so loud. 

"Hailey?" Harry's voice replaces the microphone static sound. The way he says my name sounds like he is asking a question more than stating it. His voice is also deeper than normal. It is only like that when he has just woken up or when he is drinking. 

"Harry."

"Are you hurt?"

"No, I'm not hurt." He sighs in ... relief? "Sorry, if this is a bad time I-"

"It's alright. I mean, I can speak to you. Just give me a second. " I wait for the noise to go down and when it does I know he's outside or somewhere away from the noise. "Sorry about that. I'm at a pub."

He's been drinking. Even though it isn't my concern anymore, I am worried about how much alcohol he has consumed. I bite down on my lip to stop myself from asking him. 

"Oh cool. I hope you are enjoying yourself."

I can feel the tension through the phone. We are both feeling just as much pain as the other but we are both too stubborn to admit it.