40. Airport

I watch the baggage carousel spin round for the fourth time and my rose gold suitcase is nowhere to be seen. I knew I should have taken it through carry on but Harry insisted I put it beneath the plane because he doesn't want me to carry anything. 

All I could think about the entire flight was how much I miss him already and we have only been apart for five hours. I kept thinking about our discussion this morning. Harry described himself as a part time father and that saddens me because as much as I don't want to admit it, he's right. He's locked into a contract and he tours for months on end. 

Even if I took a break from touring like I have this year, living out of a suitcase and waking up in a different city each morning is not the ideal life for a child. Children need stability and routine. They don't need suitcases, different time zones and life in the spotlight. 

I am three weeks out from my third trimester and I have ordered the crib and brought a couple of outfits. I need to get a move on because these past six months have flown by. The next three-four months will fly by as well. So far all my little girl has is a place to sleep and a couple of outfits to wear. Tomorrow will be a day for shopping for necessities. However, I'll need to borrow Tyde or Tori so that nobody is suspicious as to why I am visiting children's stores.

Man, isn't that pathetic. I can't even go to a shop without fearing that somebody will ask me why I am there or start a pregnancy rumour. But I don't want anybody to know that Harry and I are expecting a baby. It's safer that way. For all of us, especially our little girl. 

At last, I spot my small suitcase on the baggage carousel. I step around the man who idiotically stood right in front of me and walk towards the carousel. Once my bag is approaching, I lean forwards and hold my hand out so that I can collect it. Once I have my bag in my hands, I set it down on the ground and pull up the handle so that I can roll it outside to where my Dad is waiting for me. 

As I turn around, there is a girl around my age standing there with her phone out in front of her and when I look down at the phone, I see the camera app open. 

"Hey Hailey" she smiles at me. "I seen you on my flight but I didn't want to disturb you. I would really love to get a photo with you."

I return the smile and nod my head. "Yeah, sure. How are you?"

"I'm really good now." I place my arm around her and lean into her as I wait for her to capture the picture. However, she hands the phone over to me. "Can you please take it? I have really short arms."

I laugh. "Yeah, sure." I take the phone from her and take a couple of photos before handing the girl her phone back. "It was lovely to meet you. Are you from Sydney?"

She nods her head. "I'm from Perth but I am getting a connecting flight back. I actually went to Aukland for the One Direction concert."

"Oh, right. You're dedicated. Did you go to the Perth show as well?"

"I did. Perth, Sydney, Brisbane and Aukland."

"Melbourne not your cup of tea?"

She laughs at me. "I wish I could go to the Melbourne show but I couldn't get tickets to that. Well, there were tickets up the back but I like being in the mosh pit."

This girl either has an incredible job fresh out of high school or she has parents who love her very much. The amount of money she would have spent on flights, accomodation and the concerts would be enough to buy a small car. 

"Hopefully next time."

"Do you know when that will be? Have the boys spoken about next years tour?"