49. The Final Show

Usually before a show when the boys huddle together to do their little hands in ritual, they're jumping around, shouting, downing a shot or something else crazy. Tonight they all slowly walked towards the stage doors.

Liam is in the front, behind him is Louis and Niall, behind them is Harry and then behind Harry is Zayn. Harry stops walking and turns to Zayn. He puts his arm around his shoulder and whispers something in his ear. Zayn smiles and nods his head.

Harry holds his hand out and Niall places his on top of Harry's. Liam and Louis are the next to add their hands into the middle of the circle. Zayn stands still with his hands down by his side. He is taking deep breaths in and out. He slowly gazes around the room and takes in the backstage environment. Lastly, his eyes scan around the circle of the boys.

"It's been one fucking crazy rude with you boys. The journey of a lifetime. We've had our fair share of ups and downs but I wouldn't want to have experienced this with anyone else. You boys are my brothers and I love you all so much. I know you all might not agree with my decision but I appreciate that you have respected it. Now I'm not going to keep rambling on or else I'll start cryin'. Niall, don't you dare start cryin' because you'll make me cry. Let's make this show the best yet. Now let's fucking get out there."

"Here's to Zayn. One, two, three-" Liam shouts.

"We push." They all shout together. Everyone else backstage cheers, whistles and applauds the boys.

"Good luck out there."

"Get out there boys."

"Go lads."

I look to my right to see Lou and Sarah bawling their eyes out with their arms around each other. Lou has her phone in her free hand and she was recording it. I walk over to them, barely holding it together.

"Can I join this somber huddle?"

Sarah extends her arm out to me and I join in on the group hug. The fireworks blast into the sky and the sound of them cracking in the air can be heard easily from back here. The crowd is even louder than the fireworks. Each night there is a different crowd but they all give off the same incredible energy.

The three of us walk over to the lounge and sit down in front of the big screen. We watch the boys perform the first song of the night, clouds.

I want to be out there but I feel like Harry would jump off the stage and physically bring me back here himself. For the last song I'll definitely go out there. I want to witness the final song in person, not through this tv screen.

Earlier when Zayn was upset, he was feeling guilty. Guilty for letting the band down. He wanted to leave the boys be because he thought that deep down they were angry at him. Louis and Liam had to physically walk over to him, pick him up and carry him over to the group. Then they were doing vocal warm ups, going through the chorus' of songs and they even sang two throwback songs.

They sang 'Up All Night' and 'Moments'. Those songs came out in what seems like a lifetime ago. Five years ago they were put together and here they are today performing their last song as a five piece.

Not much has been discussed in regards to the future of the band. The one thing that has been confirmed is that the remaining four members will finish the rest of the tour. Our little girl is due to arrive into the world in June. Harry will still have four months left of touring. In May July he has a short break from touring. In May we are planning to get the nursery finalised and everything ready for her arrival.