71. Canyon Moon

Feeling another aching pain in my lower stomach, I readjust my posture because I was slouching on the lounge with my laptop on my lap. My stomach feels quite tight and the pain lasts a little over a minute before disappearing completely. This has been happening since I woke up this morning and I have a good feeling that a lot of it is due to stress. I'm stressing about having this house ready for when the baby arrives. 

I've been online shopping for furniture since 6am. It's now a 10:45am. I continue scrolling through the Ikea website in attempts of finding the perfect bedside tables to go with the neutral coloured bamboo bed frame which I brought an hour ago. 

This house is Hampton's themed on the exterior, but I want to go for a neutral vibe in the exterior. That's what we pre-planned for the baby nursery and I want to continue that theme throughout the entire house. 

I've decided not to paint the baby nursery because we won't have time. Our main priority is getting all of the furniture transferred from my parent's house to here, and then setting up the nursery. 

The nausea deep in my throat gets worse by the minute. I haven't eaten all day and I feel sick because I have an empty stomach. I walk out of the theatre room, to the kitchen. I make myself two pieces of peanut butter toast and walk upstairs to see how Harry's going.

He is setting up the pram which arrived while he was away. It is a universal pram that also doubles as a car seat. We - or should I say I, decided on this one because if she's sleeping, we won't have to wake her and just transfer her from the stroller, to the car in the same capsule. Rachel had the same one for Tyde and she said it was way more convenient. 

The only thing I am concerned with is that in Australia, it is now a law to have your baby car seats professionally fitted into the car. I don't know how we can do that when this is a two in one. I didn't discover that rule until I had already purchased the pram. I'll have to do more research on what I can do about that. 

"Hey baby, how you going?" I walk over to where he is kneeling on the ground. He has the frame of the pram upside down and he is trying to put the wheels in. 

"Everything else was easy to put together. But these bloody wheels are making me lose patience. The instructions say to put them in on the B side. This is the B side and it isn't sliding in." He reaches for my plate and picks up my second piece of toast and takes a bite before putting it back down. 

"Have you got the right wheel? Maybe each of the four belong to specific spots."

Harry lets out an annoyed sigh. "Yes Hailey, I already thought of that."

I place the last mouthful of toast from my first piece into my mouth and hold the plate out to Harry. "Here, hold this and let me see."

"No, I don't want you doing it. You sit down and relax. I'll handle it." He stares down at the plate. "Although I will help you eat this."

"No, I-" before I can pull the plate away from him, he has already picked up the piece of toast and taken another large bite from it. "I can make you some if you want. Have you eaten?"

"I had a coffee."

"You need to eat. Should we order delivery?" I thought the peanut butter toast would satisfy my cravings, but it hasn't. 

"Let me finish this and I'll go pick us up something."

He ties up his hair with the hair tie on his wrist. He twists it into a high bun. His hair is mostly long enough for a high bun now. Only a couple of strands from the back can't quite reach the height. But we all have those, they're the tiny baby hairs under our bottom layer of hair.