21. Baywatch

During my first trimester I felt the most nausea and whilst occasionally the nausea would return, I haven't felt this sick in weeks. I know that the nausea is coming from other things such as worring about my baby's health if I don't reduce my stress and on top of that I can't stop thinking about when I should tell Harry the truth. 

Aaron was right, hanging out with Harry has momentarily taken my mind off Rachel. Of course I still think about her but I don't have constant anxiety 24/7.

Harry's company isn't just a distraction, I thoroughly enjoy hanging out with him. That's a no brainer because I am still in love with him. Even though we are hanging out as 'friends' if you would even call it that, just being in his company has brightened my spirits significantly. 

After emptying my stomach into the toilet bowl, I have a shower and then brush my teeth. I do my morning facial cleanse and notice that I'm breaking out a lot on my cheeks. That's my pregnancy hormones for sure.

I get dressed and turn on the stove because I feel like having an omelette for breakfast. Mum is volunteering today so she is working but I can hear machinery screeching in the garage so I know dad is home working on his cars. 

After chopping up the bacon and shallots, I pour them on top of the eggs in the pan and continue cooking my omelette. As I watch the ingredients bubble and sizzle in the pan, my phone starts vibrating on the kitchen bench. I wipe my hands on the tea towel and place it on the bench before reaching for my phone. 

"Hey Harry."

"Hello. What are you doing?"

I walk back over to the stove and put my phone down a metre away from it on the kitchen bench. I put Harry on speaker phone so I can flip the omelette with two hands

"Cooking breakfast."

"Is there enough for two?" He asks. "I need to ask you something."

I start to get a little worried. Has he found out about the baby? "Um, yeah. Is everything okay?"

"Yes everything is fine. I'll be there soon. Lov- I mean ... bye Hailey."

I smile to myself. 

"Bye Harry. I'll see you soon."

By the time he arrives I have well and truly demolished my omelette but I have the ingredients ready to go to make him one when he arrives. I have reboiled the kettle too and I will make him a black coffee when he gets here. I still don't know how he enjoys drinking black coffee but I am not the biggest fan of coffee in general so who am I to judge. 

I am scrolling through social media when Harry walks through the garage door. Dad must have told him to come straight in. I notice three black suit bags in his right hand. I wonder what the occasion is. 

"It smells great in here." He walks over and hugs me from behind. I put my phone on the table then stand up and walk over to the stove. 

"I'll cook yours now. It'll only take a couple of minutes."

"Thanks so much."

He takes my previous seat and rests his elbows on the table and holds his face up with his hands as he watches me crack the eggs onto the stove.