25. Chaos

"Harry, please say something." I reach out for his hand but he pulls it away. He is still staring at my stomach. His hands move to the back of his head, lifting his shirt enough to expose his leaf tattoos.

He starts pacing around the kitchen whilst staring up at the ceiling in complete shock of the words that just left my mouth and my enlarged stomach. At last he stops pacing around the room and he walks back over to me, stopping mere centimetres away and points his finger at me.

"No fucking wonder you've been so distant with me. Building up this wall. It's because you're pregnant with some bastards kid, aren't you?" He finally looks at me. Rage is filled within his eyes.

My eyes widen and now I am looking at him with shock. I momentarily bring my hand up to my face as I cannot fathom what he just said. "Some bastards kid, really Harry? You just automatically assume I would let some random knock me up." I place my hand on my stomach.

"We've been broken up for seven months." He looks down at my belly. "I imagine you would be a lot bigger than that at seven months."

"Four months ago I went on a date with a soccer player. The date went awful so I told you to meet me at a club. We both got drunk and ended back at your place. Does that ring any bells to you?" I await his response.

He looks away from me and starts to think. He closes his eyes. "We did sleep together." Why does he look disgusted by that? "Who's the father?"

I take a deep breath and remind myself that I can't be the angry one in this situation. This is all on me and I can't be the one shouting at him. "You are Harry!"

"Do you know that for cert-"

Okay, new rule. I can shout. "Oh my god you are the only person I've slept with my entire life! No one else can possibly be the father."

There's no response after that. He is looking at me as if I have five heads on top of my shoulders. His long silence is scaring me. When Harry is silent for a long period of time it means he is thinking hard about something. Perhaps there are thousands of lyrics going through his mind.

His next album may as well be dedicated to me because it's going to be about how awful his ex is, and about keeping secrets. Maybe there will even be the lyrics I'm having your baby...

"Harry, please say-" I am cut off by him abruptly picking up his bag. I was the closest to the door so I quickly step in front of him before he can get past me. "Please don't leave."

"I can't do this right now. I need time to think." He tries to move past me but I step to the side. He lets out a groan in annoyance. "Hailey, let me go."

"Where are you going?"

"Why should I tell you? I should keep it from you for four months and then let you know. Take one from your books" he snickers. Okay, I deserved that. "Hayes. Move." He says through gritted teeth.

One hand is holding his bag and the other is in his pocket. I can see the shape of his keys in his pocket through the fabric of his jeans. "Wait, give me your keys."

He glares at me. "No."

I hold my hands out. "You are a fool to go driving when you are this upset. My sister just woke up from a coma because of someone's reckless driving and I don't want you or anyone else to be in that position either."