56. Hiatus

The brownies are done and the house smells of them, it's such an incredible scent. They're on the cooling rack to cool down and hopefully Harry will arrive while they're still warm. He texted me a little over an hour ago saying that he landed. It'll take a while for him to get off the jet, go through border security and drive over here. Hopefully the drive won't be too long. Seeing as though it is 11am, the traffic shouldn't be too bad at this hour.

After cleaning up my mess from baking, I vacuum the downstairs area of the house and fix the cushions on the lounge. I look at the time on the microwave and see that it is almost 12:00pm. Harry should have been here by now. I walk behind the kitchen counter and pull out the top drawer where all the cutlery is and reorganise the draw to fill in time.

Every two minutes I find myself looking at the time and wondering where Harry is.

I pick up my phone and am about to call him because I was starting to get a little worried, but that's when I hear keys rattling in the door. No offence Dad, but I really hope it isn't you home from the car yard early because I will be let down. I am dying to see my boyfriend. It has been eight days.

The door opens and I see a tattooed arm push the door further open. That definitely isn't my father. I drop the forks that were in my hands and they scatter everywhere in the drawer, but I'll fix that later. I run over to Harry who places his black carry bag on the floor. He was about to reach for the suitcase behind him, but ignores it once he sees me running towards him.

He opens his arms to me and I wrap my arms around his neck and pull him to me. His arms tangle around my waist as he kisses the side of my face near my hair a few times and hugs me.

"Hey" I say with a smile as I look into his green eyes. I'm so glad that he's back with me. Even if it is only for twenty four hours.

"Hi baby" he moves his head away from my neck and sniffs around. "Smells amazing, what'd you make?"

"What do you think?" I ask him as he leans forwards and kisses me. "How was your flight?"

"It was long. But god I am hungry so I'm glad you made these. Thank you beautiful. Did you cut your hair? It looks different." He plays with the ends of my hair with his left hand.

I nod. "Yeah, I got a couple of inches off."

"I like it."

"Thank you."

He looks down at my stomach and smiles. Then he looks up at me with his lips parted in shock. "I mean this in the nicest way possible, but you've grown. Fuck, look at that." He is about to bend down and grab my stomach until he remembers that the door is still open. He reaches behind him and pulls his suitcase into the house. I close the door and lock it behind him.

Once the door is closed, Harry gets onto the ground and kneels in front of me. I lift up my shirt and he runs his hand along my stomach. "Hello there. I go away for a few days and you grow this much on me. But it's okay, I'll let you keep growing now. But once you are out in this world you need to promise me that you won't grow quickly. It'll make me sad because I want you to be my baby forever. You can't grow up because that means you'll then be interested in boys or girls and you won't want your daddy as much anymore. And if you do end up with a boy, daddy knows what boys are like and how they think and I will probably want to kill him. Especially if he hurts you."

"And mummy knows what girls are like and the way they think and if she hurts you then I will kill her."

Harry laughs at me before kissing my stomach and standing back to his feet. "Listen to us, she's not even born yet and we are already having murderous thoughts about her future love life."