Day 86

11 March 2018
Sunday 9:45pm

Hey so I'm at Olly's still. Mum said I could stay an extra night so Olly will take me to school tomorrow when he goes obviously. His family was acting weirder then normal today worse than yesterday; instead of his parents speaking in 'hushed whispers' they had us all out with them shopping...but not just any shopping. They bought packets upon packets of bottled water, and pretty much any non-perishable food they could get. I'm not entirely sure why and when I ask Olly he said he was just as stumped as I was. What did they think was going to happen? A food and water shortage?  We must have gone to 3 different Alde's and who knows how many IGA's, Cole's and Woolworths. We went everywhere in Ipswich and some places in Brisbane as well.

If I think about it, Oliver's place would actually be a good place to hide out if this, thing, gets worse. Ironbark isn't in the middle of nowhere but it can feel like it sometimes. I think the closes neighbors he has is about half a mile down the road. So it would be a good place to get away from other people for a while...his family is lucky to live out here.

Honestly after today I'm really starting to get scared. Before I was just unsure of...well...everything. I have no clue what's going on but after the way his parents have started to react; maybe I should talk to my mum and dad about doing something similar? Just in case? In case for I don't know exactly...but better to be safe than sorry...right?