Day 77

2 March 2018
Friday 6:58pm

The news is starting to get really scary. They keep telling people now that everyone who gets sick with this virus is in no doubt going to die pretty much. They don't have a cure for it because it's some sort of mutation of the flu virus and that's why it spread so easy. Just like the common cold, only much more deadly. I saw Kena yesterday, she looked okay. A little pale and dehydrated maybe but it didn't look like she could drop dead at any second like they are saying on the news, but now I'm worried about Max, Kena's brother is starting to get sick and Kena told me her doctor said that whatever is going around is what is making her sick and not some head-cold like they originally though. If she has it already its more than likely Max has it.

Lots of people are staying home from school telling teachers and parents either they are sick or they don't want to get sick. It's kinda scary all the things that are being said on the news about this virus. Something about it being possible that it could mutate again or something? Would that mean all the healthy people who can't get infected now could get infected later by a more deadly version? What would we do then? If we can't stop it now....it's even less likely we will be able to stop it if it mutates again.