He looked up at me in irritation.

But I didn't let him speak.

''Yes, I know you're mad at me for not telling you about what went down with your parents. And I should have trusted you and told you the truth. But I wasn't lying, Jason. I was scared. I still don't understand your world and that's what makes me all the more scared. You can't blame me for not knowing who's side you'd be on if I did tell you.''

He just stared at me blankly for a while. He looked like he was about to say something. And he did. Just not what I was expecting.

''Can I have my cigarettes back?''

I tightened my hand around the box, smashing it.

He sighed then got up.

''Great. Now I have to get more.''

He started walking towards the door. My blood boiled as all sorts of emotions brewed in me causing me to react impulsively.

''I know who attacked Anthony'' I spoke.

Jason froze. This definitely got his attention. He spun around, eyes wild with anger.

''What did you just say'' He growled.

I gulped wondering if this was as good of a plan as I thought. Enough people had told me about Jason's bad temper. And I had witnessed it first hand but I was still testing him.

''That's right. I know who attacked Anthony. And I know who attacked you at your father's hotel.''

Jason rolled his eyes. ''Haven't you lied to me enough?''

I clenched my fists, trying to rile up confidence. ''I know you hate me. But at least hate me for a sensible reason. I know who hurt you and Anthony.''

He had this 'humour me' expression on his face but I could tell that part of him was seriously wondering if I was telling him the truth.

''It's Dean.'' I let out the name, surprised at how hard it was to get out. Probably because I had been so scared for so long to say the name in front of Jason.

Jason scoffed. ''Archibald hates me but he isn't a traitor. His father has worked with mine since I could remember. In fact, he's the architect responsible for most of the Callahan buildings.''

Something suddenly fell into place.

''Even the Dynasty?'' I asked.

''Especially the Dynasty. He designed the whole building himself.''

''Meaning Dean had the means of getting in and out without being detected.''

I remember what Dean had said about knowing the Dynasty better that its owners.

Jason stared at me in confusion. He looked at war with himself. Trying to decide if I was lying or not.

''Archibald is a lot of things but he's not stupid enough to go against us.'' It sounded like he was trying to convince himself.

''Why would I start lying now?'' I asked. 

Honestly, I had nothing to lose.

Jason eyed me intently as if looking for a reason to believe me.

I fished out 'Katelyn King's phone and handed it to him. ''If you don't believe me, check all my messages and missed calls. That's if the PI you hired didn't already.'' I added at the end.

I saw how his expression slightly  changed.

''Yeah, Dean told me that too. He told me to go up to your room when you got stabbed as well. He told me a lot of things.'' I shook my head and sighed. Letting all this out took a load off of me.