Day 1

16 December 2017

Saturday 6:53 pm

Okay, so I guess the first thing for me to do is introduce myself to you, even though you're an inanimate object, and I guess that's kinda weird. Either way, my name is Akela Sutton and starting today, you are my new diary. I finished filling out my old diary two weeks ago, and about a month ago, I asked my dad to get me a new one for my birthday. Which is exactly what he got me, along with a few other things.

Today was pretty awesome; I'm 16 today. It's kinda funny because it's 16 December, and I'm 16; get it? Again you're a diary... I gotta keep reminding myself of that. Either way, I guess it happens to everyone at one point in their life, right? Having your birthday on the same day as the age you're turning? Anyway... I got to see my uncle today; uncle Lemuel is pretty cool, but he and dad don't get along well. They're brothers, though, so they should at least try to get along. Uncle Lemuel brought his girlfriend Stephanie over with him, which was kinda weird, but I guess it was nice to meet her; she seemed like a nice enough person. They gave me a birthday card to celebrate my 12th birthday, though, but hey, it's the thought that counts.

Mum's calling me to do the dishes now, so I have to go for the night; you'd think that I'd get out of chores 'cause it's my birthday? But no, unfortunately, as an only child, that means when mum and dad need help, it's me or no one. I hope you and I get along well in the future!

Again... you're inanimate, so of course, we'll get along; you're a diary.

Annnnyway night night diary.