Mr Frank Molte Callahan.

I watched the man who sat between my mother and Uncle Benjamin.

Yes, sometimes I forget who the scariest person in the room is but then I look at my father and I know exactly who to be afraid of.

And then there was Anthony... sitted next to my Uncles with a neutral expression on his face. Almost bored if you ask me.

He had been given a sit at the council only a year ago making him the youngest ever person to have a seat on the council. Men have worked for my father and my grandfather before him and still never been given the honour.

But then there was Anthony.

Everyone already agreed that he was a protégé of my father when he was only fourteen. Now, I had known Anthony all my life and inspite of all his jokes and his ability to take absolutely nothing seriously, even I agreed that he was in the making to becoming a mini version of the cunning and devious man that was my father.

Anthony had a mind that even I failed to understand most of the time.

He usually wasn't allowed to attend council meetings that involved Harry and/or me so I wondered what exactly he had told my father to let him come today.

Anthony truly was a mystery.

My father's eyes pierced me as Dr Rowans' finished giving her evaluation of me.

I had been expecting her to say exactly what my mother had wanted my father and council to hear. That I was an unstable person with extreme anger issues who needed to be locked up in a mental asylum for my own safety.

You could imagine my shock when instead she had basically just called me a... lovesick young adult.

I tried to meet eyes with Anthony but his eyes were fixed on her as if trying to figure out what was going on. Or if this was some kind of joke.

Dr Rowans' went on about how I simply just missed Isabella. About how the loss of the one and only girl I had ever truly loved was causing me to lash out and seek things that would try to fill the void. Like alcohol and random girls (i.e Kate).

I looked at her then at my mother wondering if Dr Rowans' was going against her instructions. But my mother looked more than content with the words that escaped her little puppets lips.
What was she up to?

The minute Dr Rowans' finished talking, my father was the first to make a sound.

He scoffed and leaned forward.
"Well that is absolutely pathetic."

"Tell me about it." Royce muttered. "You're losing your mind because of a girl? Where are your balls, son?" He yelled at me.

"Hey, cut the kid some slack, I once broke a man's jaw over a girl." Uncle Russel spoke with a shrug.

Uncle Munez glared at his immediate older brother. "You did a lot of stupid things for girls. Might I remind you what a manwhore you were."

Mr Grey rolled his eyes. "He even once almost fooled around with my fiancée."

Uncle Russel smirked and leaned back. "Ah, the good old days."

My father glared at the three, immediately shutting them up.

"I don't want any excuses. We already talked about this. No son of mine is going to turn weak just because for the first time in his life, a girl rejected him." His eyes bore into mine.

"You're a Callahan for goodness sake. Callahan men take what's theirs. They don't cry about it."

I fought the urge to laugh.