Perfect life~ 96

After all of our exams were over, we all just decided to come back to mine and watch some movies, whilst we wait for our test results to be published. I went straight home with Malia, but everyone else went somewhere before they come here, so I took this time as an opportunity.

"So, we'll go there and talk to him. If you want to say and catch up with him, that's fine as well. I'm going to be there the whole time." I told Malia, smiling and holding her hand.

"Are you sure you want to do this?" She asked me, squeezing my hand slightly.

"I've never been more positive." I smiled, looking at all the apartments.

Ever since last night I haven't been able to relax. I'm scared Malia is going to see Peter without me and then she won't tell me, so she'll have to deal with it herself. At least this way, I can be with her the whole way. We both walked up the stairs, not saying anything and not letting go of each others hands.

I took a deep breath in and stood outside of Derek's apartment. I raised my hand and knocked on the door, looking at Malia and nodding.

"No matter what happens, just know that I'll always love you." I smiled, watching as the door slid open.

"Derek isn't home." Peter answered, looking at both Malia and I. "Unless it was me you were looking for." He smiled, staring Malia in the eyes.

I just stared at the both, waiting for someone to say something. Malia furrowed her eyebrows and flashed her eyes, waiting for Peter to do the same.

"No, I can't help you. I am not getting involved with this teen stuff. Derek will be home later and then he can help you." He rushed, closing the door in our face.

I shrugged my shoulders and turned around, getting ready to leave but realised that Malia stood there. I looked at her and furrowed my eyebrows, trying to figure out what she was doing and then I noticed.

Her foot was in between the door and she wasn't letting it close. She grabbed the door handle and pushed it open, finally realising her true strength. She turned around and smiled, staring at her hands and me.

"I did it!" She yelled, walking into Derek's apartment, looking at Peter on the floor. "Get up, we need to talk."

"I'm guessing this is the were-coyote who just killed her mother and gained her powers." He said, rubbing the back of his neck. "What do we need to talk about?"

"Did you ever have a daughter?" I asked him, standing next to Malia. "Or do you think you could of possibly had a daughter?" I held my breath and waited for him to reply.

"Nope. No way." He looked at us and rolled his eyes.

"Ah, thank god." I took a deep breath out and looked at Malia, closing my mouth instantly.

"Is there a slight possibility? I need you to really think about this!" Malia looked at, fury rising in her voice.

"Why am I getting yelled at? I don't have a daughter and I think I would reme-" He looked at us both and shook his head. "My sister was an alpha as you both probably know. Alpha's are special because they can do things other werewolves can't."

"We already know this, why are you telling us?" Malia asked him, looking unimpressed.

"Because there's something you didn't know they could do. That only powerful alpha's can do." He looked at Malia and smiled. "They can enter your mind and see everything you've seen, but they can also take that memory."

I looked at Malia and nodded, letting her know it was ok to tell him that she could possibly be his daughter. She looked at him and took a deep breath in, nodding her head and smiling.

"I think I might be your daughter." She smiled, spreading out her arms like she was about to go in for a hug. "So, does that help you remember anything?"

"Nope." He looked at us both and smiled, waiting for us to say something. "Okay well if that's all, see ya." He smiled, pushing both Malia and I towards the door.

"What? You have to remember, there has to be a way!" Malia yelled, trying to fight against Peter.

"Malia, lets just go home. We'll find your real dad." I told her, grabbing her hands and looking her in the eyes. "We'll find him, I promise."

"That had to be him!" She yelled, pushing me off her and running down the stairs.

"Mal- wait!" I yelled after her, running down the stairs to catch up. "Malia it's going to be okay, we'll find your real dad. He's probably out there looking for you too." I smiled, trying to get her to calm down.

"No he's not. If he was, then why hasn't he found me?" She asked me, tears running down her face. "Why don't any of my parents want me? Am I a failure? Am I really that bad of a person? Does anyone love me?" She asked me, her voice shaky.

"I do. I love you, so much. I love you more then anything in this world and I know that somewhere out there, you have a father who loves you just as much as I do." I smiled, pulling her into a hug. "I know that for a fact."

She laughed into my shirt and hugged me back, wrapping her small arms around my waist. I rested my lips on the top of her head and took in the smell of her hair. It smelt like strawberry's, mixed in with vanilla.

I pulled her away and smiled, wiping the tear stains from under her eyes. She looked at me and her eyes were glossy, but still so damn beautiful.

"Lets go eat popcorn and chocolate, whilst watching movies with our best friends." I told her, holding her small hand and walking over to the car.

"Is this like a triple date or something?" She asked me, laughing and shaking her head. "Scott and Kira, Lydia and Parrish, you and I, Jackson and Ethan."

"So that would be a quadruple date." I corrected her, laughing. "I guess it's something like that, but Liam and a couple others are coming."

"What about Theo?" She asked me, sending shivers down my spine once she said his name.

"Don't know, but I hope not." I told her, starting up the car and turning on the heater.

"What's going on between him and Liam? They've been spending a lot of time together, and they're always hanging out during school." She looked at me, furrowing her eyebrows.

"I wish I knew, but I hope it's nothing to serious."

I pulled out of the car park and made my way back home, hoping someone would already be there so we could start making everything for tonight. This was the first time in three years that I've felt semi-normal. I feel safe for once and I can enjoy myself. My life is getting back to 'normal' and if it has Malia in it, it's going to be the perfect life.

——————————
I'm posting a day early, I feel so proud 😊😂