Never be normal~ 51

I heard them talking about it and I heard them talking about how long she had left. 12 hours and then she's dead. I have 12 hours to regain control over my body, or else I'll never see her again.

I concentrated on taking over my mind. It would work sometimes, but it didn't work for long enough. It would last for about two seconds, but he would just push me back again, making me start from the beginning again.

He was too strong for me and I knew that, but I didn't give up. I was going to keep on fighting. For her. For me. And for the pack. It was up to me to save, Malia and get her the cure.

I focused on the surroundings, the smell of the air, the way he was walking towards his destination, the way the wind blew my hair, I focused on my mind.

After what felt like a lifetime, I could feel it all happening. I could feel my legs walking, the cool wind in my face, my hands numb from the cold weather, I was in control again.

I looked around, searching for anything familiar. I looked around, trying to find even the smallest detail that I recognized, but there was nothing. I looked around for a street sign and I found just up the road.

I started walking towards it, but then I couldn't walk anymore. He was about to take over my mind again, but I wasn't going to let it happen.

I pushed him out of my mind, using up every bit of strength I had left. I started walking again, trying my best to push him out, but he was too strong for me.

"No! Come on Stiles!" I yelled to myself, walking over to the street sign. "Come on!" I yelled again once my vision started going blurry.

If I can at least see where I am, then when I fight back for my mind, I can call Scott straight away.

But I wasn't strong enough. The nogitsune took control again and now I'm just in the back of my mind. I have no control and now Malia is going to die. It's going to be my fault because I wasn't strong enough. Because I couldn't kept up a fight. Because I gave up, when she needed me the most.

All of these reasons gave me the strength I needed. The strength I needed to fight back for my mind.

I concentrated on the surroundings again, the way he walked, the smell, the wind, the way the birds were chirping.

And then it happened again, the numbness of my fingers, the wind in my face. I was in control again.

"Barklin Street." I whispered, pulling out my phone and immediately texted Scott the address, hoping he would also text me immediately.

He didn't text back quick enough, so I decided I would call him instead. I dialled in his number, which I knew off the top of my heart and on the second ring, he answered me.

"Scott? Scott! I'm in Barklin street and I need you to come find me!" I yelled into the phone.

"Stiles?" He asked shocked, as if he wasn't expecting me to answer.

"Yes, it's me." I told him. "I need you to come quickly! I know where the cure is and we need to give it to her as soon as possible!" I yelled.

"Okay, I'm leaving now." He told me. I could hear him grabbing his car keys in the background. "Kira, Lydia, Liam lets go!" He yelled out to the others.

"Hurry."

"Stiles, wait!" He yelled before I could hang up.

"What?" I asked.

"Where is Barklin street?" He asked me, making me also question where it was.

"I'm not sure, but I don't think it's in Beacon hills." I told him as much information as I knew. "Scott, we need to save her." I whispered, making sure he knew how much this all meant to me.

"We will, Stiles. I promise." And then the line went dead.

I took a deep shaky breath in and sat down on the green grass. I slowly lied down, giving myself a break from walking around and standing.

I looked up at the sky and watched as the clouds moved by slowly, the sun shining down on the ground, the wind blowing the trees around, the cars that drove by every couple of minutes.

This was a nice neighbourhood, peaceful, quiet, calming. Maybe one day I'll move here with my family, or just by myself. Away from Beacon hills and all of its drama and supernatural creatures. Away from all the bad things and start a new life.

A new life that is peaceful and calm. A life were I can go one day without worrying about something going wrong. Like my girlfriend about to die, or my best friends fighting to save me from the nogitsune, who we've destroyed once and for me not to have to fight to stay in control of mind. I just want a life were I don't have to worry about any of those things. Instead I'll worry about bills, shopping for my family, work, my children starting school, things that normal people worry about.

But then I guess, I'm not normal. I don't do normal things and see normal things. Not to many normal people have a were-wolf as their best friend. Or a were-coyote as a girlfriend. So in a way, I guess I'll never be able to live a normal life.

------------------
THANK YOU ALL SO MUCH FOR 8K! It means the world to me and I just want to thank you all x