Investigation ~ 7

Once we left Derek's loft we went straight to mine. My dad had a night shift and it was Saturday tomorrow.

"Did you catch any other sent?" I asked him, trying to think of what it could be.

"No. None, that's why I thought it was Peter." He told me, putting his hands through his hair.

"How did Peter know where to go?" I whispered and walked over to my board.

I had my string on my desk, but I knew I only needed one colour. That colour was of course, red. I picked up the red string and started connecting it to where I needed it.

"What do the colours mean?" I heard Scott ask.

"Red is "unsolved", green is "solved," yellow is "to be determined," and blue is just pretty." I shrugged and chuckled.

"You do know you're only using red, right?" He told me and I rolled my eyes.

"Yes I am aware, but it's only very early into the investigation." I death stared him and threw the red wool at him.

Of course though, his werewolf senses kicked in and he caught it. He stood up and handed it back to me, examining the board.

"What if Peter meant it's not like us, like not a werewolf?" He asked me, looking at a name on the board.

"What else would it be then?" I asked him.

"Someone who wasn't bitten." He looked at me and then to the board. "What if they're like us, but they never got bitten."

"What, like created?" I asked him, trying to fully understand what he meant.

He looked to me and then nodded. He looked to the board and removed one piece of string. And rubbed out a word or two.

"Is that even possible?" I asked him, furrowing my eyebrows. "I mean, can that even happen?"

"I think so. It's something Deaton told me a while ago, about creature being created."

I nodded and knew where our next step was. We needed to figure out who or what was doing this. And we needed to figure it out fast, because whatever's out there, it's dangerous.