Car rides~ 63

"Alright, trust me on this one, but you will love this song." I told Malia, looking at my phone whilst we stopped at the traffic lights. I went through my song list and chose one that I knew everyone loves, and something Malia would like.

"I'm putting a lot of trust into you." She laughed and waited for the song to start playing.

I cleared my throat, just like most singers do before they start singing and then I played the song. Once the song started to play, I looked at Malia and started singing at the top of my lungs.

"Coming out of my cage,
And I've been doing just fine,
Gotta gotta be down,
Because I want it all.
It started out with a kiss
How did it end up like this?"

I started to sing, but then I just mumbled because I didn't really know the lyrics to the song. The chorus was about to come up, so I cleared my throat again and took a deep breath in.

"Jealousy, turning saints into the sea,
Swimming through sick lullabies,
Choking on your alibis,
But it's just the price I pay,
Destiny is calling me,
Open up my eager eyes,
Cause I'm Mr Brightside."

After the chorus was over, I turned it down and looked at Malia. She just looked at me shaking her head, making me laugh.

"What? I think I'm a pretty good singer." I laughed and looked back onto the road.

"That's debatable, but you're just so loud." She laughed and turned the music up a bit. "But I did enjoy the song." She told me, and started humming the song.

Most of the car ride home, we just listened to music and sang along to it. The car trip was about two hours, so we found other things to distract us as well. We played some games that you normally play in cars and told some stories about when we were younger and listened to more music.

"You know what?" Malia spoke after a good twenty minutes.

"What?" I asked her, looking at her for no longer than five seconds.

"This is the first time I've not had trouble with the full moon. Normally by now, I would already be struggling. What happens if I can control it now?" She asked me, smiling and excited that she can control it.

"I forgot about that." I whispered, looking at her and smiling. "Malia, you can control it now, but when the moon rises you won't be able to." I told her, watching as she just shook her head.

"I know I can control it." She told me, smiling and still convinced she could.

"Malia, it's just like Scott. He thought he could control it, but he couldn't. He went the whole day being in control, but as soon as the moon raised, he couldn't anymore. He had to get locked up, but he eventually learnt how to control it." I told her, making sure she knew what was going to happen.

"How did he learn?" She asked me, losing her smile.

"He found his anchor." I told her, referring to Scott's first love.

"Who was it?" She asked me.

"At first it was, Allison. But they broke up, so he became his own anchor." I told her.

"What's an anchor and why do I need one? Can't you just be my anchor?" She asked me, making me laugh for some reason.

"An anchor is someone who keeps you from turning. They help you stay in control, and I guess I could be your anchor, but it doesn't just work like that." I laughed and took a right into Scott's street. "You need to have an emotional link to your anchor and we have one, so I think I could work. The rest of the work is up to you." I smiled and pulled into Scott's driveway.

"This is confusing." She shook her head and took a deep breath out, making me smile.

I opened up my car door, about to go in, but Malia grabbed my arm and pulled me back in. I looked at her and saw that her face was serious.

"What's wrong?" I asked her, as she looked at the ground. "Malia?"

"I don't know." She lifted up her head and her eyes were glowing blue. "Stiles, what's happening?" She yelled and looked at her hands.

"Oh god. Scott! Scott I need your help!" I yelled, running inside and found Scott and Liam both on the ground.

"Stiles, you need to go." He looked up at me, with fangs and glowing red eyes.

"What's happening! I need to get you guys out of here." I yelled and slowly walked over to them, making sure they didn't attack me or have any sudden move swings.

As I started walking towards them, I saw someone in the corner. I stopped and stared at him, thinking maybe he was the one causing all of this, but then he looked at me.

"Isaac!" I yelled. "When did you get back? Why didn't anyone call me?" I asked him, curious to why nobody called me.

"Stiles, leave!" Scott growled at me this time, his red eyes, looking more deadly than they ever had before.

"No, I'm not leaving without you. Please just try to get up and come to my car, so I can get you out of here." I begged him, trying to help him stand up. "Scott and Liam, I am not leaving without you!" I yelled, trying to sound convincing.

"Leave now!" Scott and Liam both growled this time. Liam slowly stood up and started walking towards me, making me turn around and run.

"Malia!" I yelled, my voice going higher than I expected. I jumped into my car quickly and started it up, backing out of his driveway and driving way over the speed limit.

"What was that?" Malia asked me, rubbing her head and asking me a question I didn't know the answer to.

"I'm not sure, but I feel like it has something to do with the Desert wolf and the full moon tonight. I feel like this is part of her plan, to get all of you to lose control, possibly turn on each other and not be in control of your minds. She wants you to be distracted and if she successes, I think I know who she'll kill first." I told Malia, handing her a bottle of water.

"Who, Scott?" She asked.

"No. She's going to all you all, but she's starting with you." I started telling her. "When the nogitsune took over my mind, I could still hear and sometimes see what he saw and heard. Malia, the desert wolf is your mum." I told her, waiting for her to react.