Before it began~ 16

I woke up to the sound of my phone. I looked at it and answered it.

"Hello?" My voice came out dry, as I had just woken up.

"Dude where are? School starts in thirty minutes." I heard Scott say on the other line.

I shot out of bed and put on a shirt and some jeans. I ran to the bathroom and brushed my hair and teeth. I looked through the cupboards and found some deodorant.

"Dad!" I yelled out. "Dad! You still here?" Still no response.

I ran downstairs, skipping one at a time. I reached the bottom and sprinted for the kitchen. I didn't have time for breakfast, so I grabbed a chocolate bar.

I grabbed my car keys and ran out the door. I chucked my bag in the back and started up the engine. I grabbed my bar and unwrapped it.

"Shit! Five minutes left." Turning up the radio, I quickly drove out of my drive way. I felt my phone vibrate in my back pocket.

"Crap." I reached into my pocket and struggled to get it out. When I got it out I read the name. 

Scotts name popped up. I answered it and put it up against my ear.

"Stiles you need to get here now." It sounded urgent.

"Okay, be there in five." I told him and sped up.

The school wasn't far from here, but it's the traffic that makes me late. I had to go a different way today, to make sure I'm not late. I took the right instead of the left.

Once I reached the school I slammed the door shut and locked the jeep. Scott came out of nowhere and grabbed me.

"We're going to be late!" He yelled and ran.

"Why were you waiting for me?" I laughed and ran after him.

On my way to class I could hear something. Someone was talking or yelling, but I couldn't hear it properly.

"Hello?" I yelled out to see if anyone would respond. "Okay." I whispered and walked to class.

"Stiles." I heard someone whisper. I turned around and saw her. Malia Tate. "Stiles I need your help." She told me and walked closer to me.

"With what?" I asked her, scratching the back of my neck.

"I don't know what's happening." She started. "Someone saw me when I didn't want them to. They saw me and I need them to forget." She looked worried.

"Someone like who?" I questioned her.

"That doesn't matter. But they saw me when I wasn't me." She looked to the ground.

"When you weren't you?" I whispered and watched as she slightly nodded. "When?" I asked her.

"Last night." She looked up to me.

"On the full moon?" I asked her, forgetting that she doesn't know, that I know.

"What?" Her eyes shot open.

I wanted to lie, but she would be able to sense it. I couldn't lie to her anyway, there's something about her. Something I like about her.

"I know." I told her and I saw how she went from sad to angry.

"He told you. Didn't he." She gritted her teeth and clenched her jaw.

"No, Malia. I'm the one who told him." I grabbed her arm, gently and smiled. "It's okay, I can help you." I told her.

I watched as she slowly smiled. We just stood there and stared into each others eyes.

"No!" She yelled and instantly looked angry. "You can't help me!" She yelled and pushed me.

I fell to the ground and hit my head. My vision went from blurry to clear. I watched as she ran and turned her head. She continued to run and shortly she was out of sight.

"Malia."