Failed him~ 37

Scott's POV:
I woke up to my head pounding. My vision was blurry and I had a ringing noise in my ear. I blinked and let my eyes adjust to the darkness, focusing on my surrounding.

"Scott." I heard a faint whisper. I turned around and saw Kira, next to me, half conscious.

"Kira." I whispered back, placing her head under my jacket. "You okay?" I asked her.

"Yea, I'm fine." She slowly sat up and touched where her head was obviously sore. There was blood. "Where's Malia?"

"We'll find her, but why aren't you healing?" I asked, concerned.

"I still don't really know how to." She whispered and avoided eye contact with me.

Kira promised me that she knew how to heal. That's the only reason why she's allowed to come out with us. I don't want her getting hurt, because I couldn't protect her. I don't want her to end up like Allison.

"Okay, well you wait here. I'm going to find Malia and Stiles." I kissed her on the forehead and stood up.

I slowly stood up and regained my balance. Everything was spinning, but I just shook my head trying to stop it from spinning.

"I'll be right back." I looked into Kira's soft, small eyes and left her there.

"Malia! Stiles!" I yelled as I started to walk around, looking for any signs of them. "Malia! Stiles!" I repeated and listened for a response.

"Over here." I heard someone whisper. "We're over here." The person was crying, so I couldn't tell who it was.

"I'm coming!" I yelled and started running towards them.

I ran over to Stiles' car and saw them. Malia and Stiles, lying there on the ground. Well only one of them was.

"Ma-malia?" I stuttered and slowly walked over to them. "What happened?"

I dropped to the fall when I was next to them. Stiles was in her lap, unconscious. He had blood on his head and I could already tell that this was bad.

"How long has he been like this?" I asked her, barely breathing.

"Too long." She whispered and another tear fell from her eyes. "He's been like this for too long, Scott. I'm so sorry." He hiccuped when she spoke.

The spinning began again and this time I knew it was for another reason. I haven't felt this was for so long, I've almost forgotten what it felt like.

My air ways closing us, head throbbing, head spinning, blurred vision. I was having an asthma attack for the first time in a long time.

"No, he ca-can't be de-dead. No!" I yelled, gasping for air. "He's no-not dead, Malia!" I couldn't accept what she just told me.

My best friend, my brother, the one person who has always been there for me, is not lying there dead. He can't be.

"Scott, it's been longer than five minutes. I tri-tried to save him." She began to cry again and she reminded me of someone.

She reminded me of me, when Allison died. She had to be the one to catch him and she couldn't help him. Just like Allison and I.

"I know you would of." I wiped away my tears and realised I could breath again. The pressure against my chest was gone.

"Why don't I feel upset?" I whispered and let my hands fall to the ground. "Why don't I feel the pain like I should? I should be upset right now!" I yelled and watched as he laid there, unconscious.

"Scott, it's okay. You're in shock that's all." She tried to calm me down, but it didn't work.

I felt the same way I did on the first full moon. I had no control over my self and all the anger I had inside me, just bursted. I could feel all my anger slowly rising and I was about to burst, but I didn't. I couldn't and wouldn't. Not right now, not while she's in pain and grief. Just like me.

"You're right." I whispered and looked at him one last time. "I'm sorry Stiles, i couldn't protect you, just like I couldn't protect Allison." The pain forming in the back of my throat was to much, so I let it out. I let the sobs escape my mouth and the tears stream down my face, leaving hot, wet trails.

"It's not your fault, Scott. I'm the one who was with him at the time, so I'm the one who failed him, the one who couldn't protect him, the who caused all of this. This was my mother who did this. My own mother tried to kill me and all of my friends. She has to pay for this." I trailed off towards the end because of something I saw.

I looked at him again and then I saw it again. Something was happening to him. And I don't know if it's good or bad news, the only thing I know is...

This was the last time I saw him human.