Over~ 74

Stiles' POV:
I opened my eyes slowly, adjusting to the bright light above me. At first I thought I was dead, but then I heard the constant beeping next to me. Once my eyes were adjusted, I expected to see everyone around me, waiting for me to wake up, but no one was there. I was in a room by myself, with absolutely no one around. No nurses, no patients next to me, none of my friends and not even my dad was here. It was just me and then I started to overthink everything.

What happens if none of my friends are here, because they're dead? Or maybe everyone's dead and I'm the only one who survived. Or maybe everyone's really busy and that's why I'm here alone. I like the last option better, so I'm just going to guess that's what happened.

"You're awake!" I heard someone yell, as the door slowly opened. "Oh god, Stiles we didn't know if you were going to make it. Your chances of survival were low and we didn't know what to expect. Everyone thought you were going to die, but you didn't!"

Melissa ran into the room, looking happier than I've ever seen her. I wanted to laugh, but the pain was to much, so I just smiled.

"How long have I been out?" I asked her, rubbing my head.

"Two days." She looked to the ground, and I instantly knew something was wrong. Someone is either dead, or they're going to die. "They couldn't find the desert wolf, but they've been out all day and night trying to find her."

"Is everyone okay, though? No ones hurt or dead?" I asked her, hoping I wouldn't get bad news.

"Everyone is okay, and you even have someone new in the pack." She smiled, quickly checking that everything was okay. She looked at the liquid that was being injected into me and tapped it, making sure there was enough in it. "His name's Theo Raeken, you remember him?"

When I heard his name, I got a shiver down my spine. I nodded, rolling my eyes and hoping that when I got out of the hospital, he would be gone. From memory, Theo wasn't a bad kid or anything, but he always tried to get in between Scott and I. He would try to turn us against each other, but it never worked.

Scott and I would always ignore him, but we still spoke to him. We still listened to him, even if we didn't like him. And as soon as I heard his name, I got a feeling. A bad feeling, but I don't know why. I don't think we can trust Theo, but he could of changed since fourth grade. We've all changed.

"I remember him." I told her, nodding my head. "When can I get out of here? The others need me, and I'm not much help of I'm stuck in this place." I asked her, lifting myself up so I was sitting up, instead of lying down.

"Stiles, you just woke up and no one thought you would even wake up, so I wouldn't even be thinking about leaving here. Give it another week or so." She told me, leaving me speechless and confused.

"What? I mean, I woke up and I'm fine. Can't I just leave now? I'll call if it starts to hurt or if I feel like somethings going to happen." I told her, trying to convince her to let me out.

"No." She told me, tapping my leg lightly. "Get some rest, I'll be back in later for dinner." She told me, walking out and closing the door behind me.

I sighed, trying to think of a way to get out of here. I didn't want to let anyone know that I was awake yet, so I could just focus of getting out of here. I could just change into my clothes and walk out of here, but just in-case Melissa sees me, I need to think of something else. I lifted up my top, revealing a bandage across my stomach. I could see some dried up blood on it, so hopefully it's not still bleeding.

I slowly sat up, wincing every time I sat up to quickly. I started to get up quicker, as I found it hard to breath. I was finally fully up, so I swung my legs around and put them on the ground. I lifted myself up, not realising that my legs were numb.

"Stiles!" I heard someone yell out my name.

Before I could hit the ground, someone caught me. I looked up and saw Malia, smiling and tears in her eyes. I could tell they were happy tears and just seeing her, made me want to cry.

"Your awake!" She yelled, pulling me closer to her.

"Yea, it's going to take a lot more to kill me." I smiled and laughed as she gave me a serious look. "Don't worry, I'm not going anywhere."

"Well if I didn't come in, you would of gone somewhere. Where are you going?" She asked me, making me look at her.

I wanted to lie to her and tell her I was just trying to walk around, but she would just listen to my heart, so there's no reason to lie.

"I wanted to get out of here, so I could help you guys." I told her, trying not to look at her. "I know it was stupid and I've only just woken up, but I'm fine. I really am and I don't understand why I can't just leave." I told her, getting slightly angry at the fact that I can't help them.

"Please, don't do it again. I understand you don't want to be here, but you'll only get worse if you leave. Just stay here until you're better, because we'll be fine without you. We just want you to get better." She told me, stroking my face with her thumb.

I didn't want to stay here and be worthless, but I can understand why they want me to stay. I'm no supernatural creature, with super healing and fast reflexes, I'm just a human. I can't heal instantly and if the ambulance didn't get there when they did, I most likely would be dead right now. They don't want me to stay in here, so I can feel worthless, they want me to stay here so I can be safe.

"I promise." I told her, unsure if I was going to try again or not. "And I want to say sorry. I'm sorry for what I said and how I said it. I didn't mean it." I told her, looking into her brown eyes.

"I know." She told me, looking into mine. "But, you still said it. And it still hurts and now that I know you're okay, I need to go and get back to the others. Just get some rest and get better." She told me, helping me stand up so I didn't fall again.

I looked at her, confused as to what was happening. I don't expect her to forgive me and forget what I said, but I'm just unsure what she's saying.

"What, Malia!" I yelled before she could walk out the door. "What are you saying? Is it over between us?" I asked her, unsure what to do.

"Goodbye, Stiles." She said, walking out and leaving me here.

All alone again. Not sure of what just happened and unsure if we're still together. I don't know what to do and I don't know how to feel. I feel upset and angry and at this point, I don't know what I'm suppose to feel.

"Goodbye, Malia." I whispered, knowing she wouldn't hear me.

I turned around onto my side and stared at the wall. It was plain and white, just like mine. I closed my eyes, letting the tears fall out. I wanted to scream and yell, but I couldn't find the strength to even lift my arm at the moment. I didn't have the strength to do anything, except cry.

-----------------
Sorry for being inactive, I don't have an excuse for it, but I'm working on the next couple of chapters so I'll post at least 3 chapters tomorrow x

Thank you for reading ❤️

Always you ~ StaliaOn viuen les histories. Descobreix ara