Chapter 53

I HONESTLY COULDN'T WAIT TO WRITE THIS!!!-Livvy

Chapter 53

"DYLAN! DYLANN!!!" I screamed while crying so hard, I thought that I would die. My lungs burned but all I cared about in that moment was if Dylan was okay.

I was too afraid to come out of the room when I heard them fighting so I called Louis and fortunately for me, he was only about a minute away at the time. He was shouting at Liam while I was hunched over Dylan's unconscious body.

I whispered frantically to him, brushing the hair off his forehead. "Please please please please." I placed a small kiss to his swollen cheek and tried to somewhat sit him up. "Please Dylan. Please wake up." I cried, refusing to believe that Liam just did this. I placed his limp shoulders on my legs and held his bloodied head to my chest, praying that he would be okay. Louis had already called an ambulance.

A pair of hands were placed under my arms and tried to pry me away from him but I kicked and thrashed until the person let me go. "Livvy, you have to stay calm! He's going to be fine, I promise!" Louis tried to hold me back as the paramedics rushed in and carefully put Dylan on a stretcher. I twisted away from Lou and jogged to keep up with their pace, not looking anywhere else but at Dylan's face.

They quickly yet gently put him in the back of the ambulance and I jumped in with them, no questions asked.

***

"You're gonna be okay. You're going to be perfectly fine. You'll be okay." I chanted quietly, running again to keep up with the paramedics quick pace. I squeezed Dylan's hand tightly and continued to jog by him until a rather large male nurse held me back as they took him into an examining room. They stitched most of him up in the ambulance but the gash in his head was harder to fix.

I fought long and hard against the nurse, nearly screaming in pure agony to not being able to see him. After a few minutes, I collapsed to the floor and the nurse helped me to a seat. He kept telling me to keep my breathing under control or else I will hyperventilate. The man stayed by my side for another minute or two before Louis burst through the door and rushed to my side, holding me tightly.

He stroked my hair and tried to hush me. "Shhh. He'll be okay. I promise." This just made a new wave of sobs sprout causing others to look at me in despair.

It was one hour of not-so silent waiting that I will never forget.

"Dylan O'Brien?" My head turned so fast I was thought to have whiplash for sure. I stood up quickly and jogged to the same male nurse that held me back earlier.

"Yes? Is he okay? How bad is it? Can I see him now?" I blubbered out, wiping my cheeks furiously.

"He is in a stable condition right now and it's nothing too serious. It seems his head had gotten hit by a nail. If the nail had gone any deeper it may have been fatal." I made a noise that was a mixture of relief, fear and joy. "You can see him now if you like. He is in room 35-" I didn't hear the rest of it because I am running down the corridor and completely skipping the elevator, taking the stairs three at a time to level three. I don't wait for Louis and I look through the small window of the doors until I find the one that Dylan is in.

I rush in and immediately grasp his hand, holding it tightly with both of mine. His eyes are shut but he groans quietly, muttering something incoherent.

"What?" I ask, squeezing tighter impulsively.

"You're going to break my hand." His mouth barely moves when he speaks but when he does I drop his hand immediately.

"I'm so sorry! Dylan I shouldn't have said anything. This is all my fault." I apologize, gently placing my hand to the side of his face. My thumb strokes his cheek softly and he struggle to try and sit up.