Chapter 31

Chapter 31

"Yeah? Sorry, I'll have to call you back! I have.. to deal with something." I hung up on Peyton and dragged Finn in to help keep Kenzie from ripping his head off.

"Who the hell are you?" HE asked Finn.

"MacKenzie's boyfriend!" I butt in. Before he could object I discretely elbowed his side.

"Yeah! So why don't you leave Lance!" Kenz held onto Finn's arm so tightly, I thought his arm would break. His name is Lance. He gave himself the stupidest nickname that makes no sense what so ever, Chip. Like, WTF? A long time ago he got put in jail for attempted rape and he stalked Kenzie. Serious stalker issues.

"Mac, c'mon. We're leaving love!" Lance reached for Kenz's arm. Nuh uh! I grabbed his wrist and twisted it behind his back.

"I believe," Dramatic pause while pulling his wrist nearer his neck. "She said to get out." I growl.

"She's in love with me!" He laughed.

"No you're just obsessed with my girlfriend!" Finn yelled. Nice job Finn!

"You don't look in love! How bout a kiss?!" He was testing them.

"Of course I'll kiss my boyfriend!" Kenz reached up and Finn leaned down as they shared a passionate kiss. They had to make it look believable.

"Boyfriend?" Louis was standing in the doorway. He let one, lone tear slip down his face before turning away and running back into his car.

"Louis? LOUIS WAIT! YOU DONT UNDERSTAND!!" Kenz cried and hit her fists on Louis' window. He just looked away from her and sped away, nearly running Kenz over in the process. I dragged Lance outside and walked him to the nearby police station, arm still twisted.

"Excuse me?" I said, pulling him in the station. "We have a violation in a restraining order. He is supposed to stay at least 100 meters away from my friend because of attempted rape and stalking." I explain to the nearest officer and pull out a copy of the restraining order. "He had came to my home and tried to take my friend. Luckily, her boyfriend and I were there to protect her." I tell him as he puts Chip in handcuffs and takes him away. As soon as other officers finish questioning me I run back home and break down crying with Kenzie. Finn walked out and hugged both of us, rubbing our backs. Too much damn stress! A black van pulled up the driveway and out popped six figures.

"What happened?" Harry asked. Bending down to our level with Peyton.

"Lance happened!" I screamed and held Kenzie tighter. Peyton stood up and stumbled back, shocked.

"Who's Lance?" Zayn asked.

"Don't say ITS name, Zayn!!" Peyton yelled at him.

"Who's this?" Liam and Niall ask simultaneously. I look up to see them glaring at Finn. Louis stayed by car, un-noticed by Kenz still. I took a deep, shaky breath and leaned into Finn more. He's just a goddamned friend!

"Ask MacKenzie!" Louis said, crossing his arms and staring at the garage.

"Louis you don't understand!!" I yell, standing up and walking towards him.

"Oh, I understand perfectly! Kenzie left me and not even 5 hours after, she's making out with this guy!" I turn and look at Finn still holding Kenz. I stare at everyone else. Harry is holding Peyton, both with blank looks on their faces. Niall and Liam have visibly relaxed and aren't glaring anymore. And Zayn just looks bloody confused. I turn back to Louis.

"No, you DON'T understand! Why would Kenzie be crying if she didn't love you? She had a pretty damn good reason to kiss Finn! That guy that I was holding? Yeah, Kenzie's stalker ex-boyfriend who previously tried to rape her! I told him to get away, that Kenz had moved on and Finn was her boyfriend! But the dick didn't believe us and asked them to kiss as proof! So they kissed. Kenzie came home and immediately started bawling about how she lost you bastard! Then when she said to wait and let her explain you ignored her!!! YOU DONT DESERVE HER BUT SHE IS CRYING OVER YOU!!" I screamed and shoved him into the side of the car. "She can do so much better. But you make her happy. That's all I want. But right now, she's crying because you hurt her. So right now, don't try to be my friend. Or something will break and it won't be me." I growl at him and pull Kenz and Finn into the house. I hug them both and fall asleep in Finn's arms.

••••

I kept my eyes closed and listened to the voices.

"Well, here's the thing. She is extremely special to me. I just wanted to take her upstairs so she could sleep more comfortably." Liam tried to coax Finn into handing me to him. Don't do it Finn. I told them not to fucking push!

"Yeah? Well, when you put it like that, no. She tells me everything dude. She's my bestfriend. And I think bestfriend beats potential boyfriend." Finn whispered back. Go Finn! Go!

"C'mon dude." I don't I ever head Liam say the word 'dude' it's so.... not Liam-like.

"No, and you thought she was with me. Which in reality, she would be better and happier with me." Wait what? "Only Liv is like my sister. I don't like her like that and I just got out of a relationship. But I think that you know it too, she's better off without either of you. You need to be her friend. And nothing else right now. I've known her a lot longer than you have. She lets people in too easily. At least, she did. Now her walls are built so high and thick. Almost no one gets through. And that's the thing, she let you and Niall in through a fricken door. Tour's almost up. That's when she said she'll make her decision. And for her sake, I hope she picks neither of you." Finn trailed off, stroking my hair.

"I would never hurt her." Liam said, offended.

"You already have!" Finn was quick to reply.

"I didn't try to!" He argued.

"Well, you did. But listen to the note dude. Don't push her. If you do, she's gonna lock that door." And with that, I felt Finn pick me up and take me to my room. "I know you heard that you eavesdropper." I opened my eyes.

"Thank you." I whispered and fell back asleep.

"Always."