32

32

 After a while everyone had fallen asleep through a movie we had been watching in the living room. It was late. I looked at Harry, who had his arm around my waist. I smiled and carefully removed it and stood up. I'm sleeping in my own bed tonight.. if Liv didn't get rid of it.

 I went up to my old bedroom and opened the door. Liv's stuff was cleared out. She probably took the master bedroom after mum... well.. you know.

 All my stuff remained though. My bed, and forgotten clothes that I had left behind in the closet. Ahh, our hidden closet. I remember for weeks we begger 'dad' to make it like this. We had a walk in closet, and it was our castle..

 *flashback*

  "Hurry Livie Hurry!" I said once we got home from school in kindergarten. "The castle! Come on!"

 She let out a squeal of delight and chased after me up the stairs. We burst through the door giggling after one another and looked towards the door that opened into the castle. But it wasn't there. Instead stood a long, bran-new mirror.

 "The dragon.. finally took over" I said quietly.

 We froze for a moment, shocked, but we both had ended up sobbing in the corner of the room, farthest away from the mirror. Our parents found us later on, and for what seemed like hours urged us to go look at the mirror, and enjoy it.

 I refused, but eventually Liv gave out a loud sniffle and gave in. I heard her scream with joy only minutes later and looked up. The mirror was swung aside like a doorway, and there, in the space of were the mirror had been, was a hole in the wall, opening to the castle.

 *flashack over*

 I sighed and changed into a tee shirt and sweats left in my dresser and crawled into my all too familiar bed, and drifted off to sleep.

 "Peyton," someone whispered all to softly. I peeked open my eyes at the intruder, expecting it to be Harry.

 But it was Olivia.

 I sat up and rubbed my eyes before looking at her again. "Liv? Hey..." I trailed off. I still had Kenzie's words stinging in my ears. Horrible words.

 "I think we need to talk," she mumbled, sitting down at the edge of my bed. I couldn't help but giggle a bit. "What?"

 "I feel like I'm in trouble with mum." I smiled. And then sighed, "mum.. " I said softly smiling into my lap. 

 She gave a soft smile, "I miss her too you know." and then she looked at me sideways. "You do realize that makes me and you the only family for one another."

 "I do." I mumbled. My voice cracked and my lip was trembling as I tried my hardest to fight them back. Don't cry. Don't.. don't cry.

"Peyton.. can we just .. stop fighting? I can't take everything alone anymore!" she said, tears threatning in her eyes.

 I sighed. "I don't know.. you can't just always forgive and forget liv, somethings are hate and remember"

 "Can't it be forgive and remember?"

"That makes no sence"

"Neither is what you said!"

 I shook my head and laughed, "True.."

She held out a hand to me. "Truce?"

"This is like a really pathetic movie, but.." I placed my hand in hers, "Truce."

"You always have to ruin the mood!" She wined, "Complaining about stuff."

 I shrugged and laughed, "It's what I do"