I fought the urge to shoot back a snarky comment. Instead I focused on the only picture frame that hung on the wall. It showed a painting of some sort of abstract city in colours of peach, orange, white and black. And I thought the guest room wasn't authentic. I didn't expect this from his bedroom. I mean, it was his bedroom. The largest room in the house from what I could tell and it was so empty.

The theme seemed to be black and white  There were two walk in closets on either side of the room. A huge black hardwood desk and chair that had served as my bed tonight. And the bed, that's it.

It was almost like it wasn't actually someone's bedroom. It felt cold... lonely... Now that I thought about it. A lot like Jason.

"Listen, Jason. I just want to say... I'm sorry if I'm causing any trouble for you and Al - Harry." I gulped when I let out his name, as if that might soothe the ache. "I really don't mean to." I continued. "I just... I'm sorry, the last thing I want to do is come between you two."

To my surprise he actually laughed at my words, a low, almost maniacal, laugh that lacked humour.

He looked at me. "So now you want to apologise?" He asked with venom dripping from his voice. "Well at least I'm not the only one who thinks it now. You are the reason all this is happening."

I folded my arms across my chest and looked at him in disbelief. "Well I'm sorry, I take responsibility for Alex but I will not let you blame me for whatever that was yesterday."

He scrunched his brows at me. "You wanna know what that was? That was me getting dumped by a girl I have been in love with since I was a kid." He got up and stormed towards me, stopping only a few feet away. "You wanna know why?" He yelled.

"Let me guess, it's somehow my fault?" I asked sarcastically. I couldn't help it. I could tell he was mad, extremely mad. As mad as he was when Alex had implied that he would choose me over his family. But this time neither Alex nor Isabella were here to protect me and I didn't really care. We were both hurting but that didn't give him the right to blame it all on me.

He laughed. "Oh look at that, you finally picked up on something. Yes! It is your fault. You're the one who filled their heads with this idea of a whimsical, magical world where people fall in love at first sight and all that bull. You made them think that love is supposed to be sunshine and roses and and unicorn shit or whatever."

"And what's wrong with that?" I yelled back, not being able to suppress my anger.

"What's wrong with it is that it's all a freaking lie! It's the same crap Disney movies tell little girls. It's not for grownups. With grownups, love takes sacrifice, determination and compromise."

I scoffed. "Are you describing war or love?"

"I'm describing what is expected in the Callahan family." He spoke firmly.

"No offence." I spoke. "But your family aren't exactly experts when it comes to this particular topic."

"You don't know anything about us." He spoke in defence.

"You're right, I don't but I do know something about relationships." I retaliated.

"Yeah, because your last one turned out so well." He spoke sacarstically.

Okay, I had to admit. That comment hurt. It hurt a lot. I was about to back down and just walk away but then I realised that there was no way I would be giving him the last laugh.

"You're one to talk. Last I checked, your last relationship didn't work out too well either."
He got that crazy look in his eye again. He clenched his fist and for a minute I thought he would hit me. But I couldn't move. I didn't even try. I was glued to my spot.