"Look, you really do need to talk to Liam about this, then. I'm sure he's just as worried as you are." Maura persuaded and she was surprised when Niall nodded. "I know. I don't think I've been one hundred percent honest with him lately," Niall finally admitted and Maura frowned, gazing curiously at her son. "Why would you say that?"

"I think I've been avoiding him, talking to Harry mostly. I know it's wrong, but I find it easiest. It's just...this whole thing with Luke, I know how jealous and angry Liam was back then when he was in our lives. I don't want him to feel like that now. Liam has too much on his shoulders as it is, with teaching at the school and all. He's even suggested taking time off to look after me. I feel as if...if I tell him everything, he'll worry even more and I don't want that."

"Niall, have you ever considered that maybe it's good to have that kind of support in your life? Think about it logically. There are mothers out there who are raising two kids single-handily because the father wants nothing to do with them anymore. They have part time jobs and they're living off benefits from the council because they can't afford for their children. You're lucky to have someone like Liam, Niall. Someone who wants to help you and worry over you. You don't get many guys like him. Please, don't throw him away like he's something you've stepped on, don't let your relationship to to waste simply because you haven't been honest with him. That isn't healthy, especially in your situation. Talking to Liam will help, Niall. I can assure you. You're just lucky to have all this support. And you have us, even if we can't be here most of the time, your family is still a call away. And you have Liam's family. You have everybody. There are people out there who have nothing. My point is, you're not alone in this. There's no need to think that you are."

Niall started crying again at Maura's words. That's all he wanted to hear. All he needed to hear. His hands were shaking, trembling as he reached up to wipe the tears away. Maura held him close, hugging him gently. It was then Maura realised just how fragile and weak her son looked and felt. Just how lost he felt and it made her feel guilty.

Niall hiccuped himself into silence and wiped the last of his tears away, his eyes red and puffy looking, his lips trembling. The door swung open and Liam walked in, Bobby Horan following after. They were laughing together and Niall couldn't help smiling at the sight, feeling a little more re-assured.

Bobby's eyes fell on Niall and his smile faded a little, at how ill he looked. "Bobby was just saying there's a Derby football game on tonight." Liam announced, gesturing to the TV on the high shelf. Niall's eyes widened with excitement and he glanced at his mother.

"I guess that's my cue to get breakfast," Maura teased and they laughed, Liam and Bobby taking their seats next to Niall as they switched on the TV.

---

Harry and Louis had just finished cleaning up their kitchen when the doorbell rang. "That'll be Zayn," Louis decided and went to fetch for the door. Sure enough, Zayn stood on their doorstep with two plastic bags in his hand.

"Brought the Chinese food," he smirked, holding them up and Louis beamed. "Great!" He stepped aside and let Zayn through and Zayn greeted Harry in the kitchen. The doorbell rang again and Louis went after it. Johannah, Louis' mother stood on their stop step and Louis was nothing but surprised to see her.

"Is this a bad time?" She asked nervously and Louis quickly shook his head. "No, no. We were just gonna have dinner with Zayn but you can join us. We brought extra." Louis added cheekily and she chuckled, following her son into the threshold.

Harry's head snapped up at Johannah and he went to fetch for an extra plate and cutlery. "How's Niall?" Harry was first to ask, as they all sat down for dinner. "Well, he's...big." Jo replied simply and the three lads chuckled.

"How is he, y'know after the accident?" Harry asked, sounding eager and impatient. Louis glanced sideways at his best friend, wondering why the sudden interest in Niall. He chewed thoughtfully but let it be, letting his mother talk.

"He's stable. He's a little shaken, obviously. Think the news of the baby put him into shock. He asked for you, by the way. Before I left," Jo smiled kindly and Harry's face brightened up, feeling flattered.

"Wait, what news about the baby?" Zayn asked, frowning. Jo gulped a little, feeling hesitant and suddenly awkward. "I don't think that's information I should be discussing. It's probably best if Niall tells you." Jo decided and it was Louis' turn to frown. "Mum, c'mon." He said bluntly, sounding as impatient as Harry.

"One of the babies heartbeat is weak. It means that the baby will be born with a rare heart condition," she explained quietly and Harry's heart skipped a beat as he glanced anxiously at his friends. They're expressions both mirrored his. "Bloody 'ell, that must've broken their hearts," Louis muttered and Jo hummed in agreement.

"We should probably go and see him, y'know, to check if he's okay." Harry suggested subtly and Louis frowned for a second again. Zayn nodded in agreement. "You saw him two days ago." Louis pointed out absent-mindedly and Harry let out a nervous cough. Jo watched them both carefully while Zayn was completely oblivious.

"Yeah, but I haven't seen him since he's woken up. And it'd be nice if we'd see him together, I think Liam'd like that. Besides, we should buy him gifts or something, for the babies." Harry spoke quickly and rushed. Louis raised his eyebrows, suddenly curious by Harry's change of behaviour.

"Oh, that will be a cheerful visit. Offering him "it's a girl" or "it's a boy" balloons when he might not even see them." Louis snorted and Jo's eyes widened in horror. "Louis!" She gasped and Louis shrugged in reply.

"Still think we should visit," Zayn interjected and Harry couldn't help smirking.

___________

VOTE, COMMENT, FAN!