"Harry, I can't feel anything." Tears were forming in Nialls eyes and Harry's face fell. "It's all right, they're probably just-"

"No, you don't understand. They were kicking like mad before I-before I fell." Niall stuttered and a horrible thought occurred to Niall as he sat. What if he had lost the babies? What if he had lost the babies and it was all his fault? Simply for moving furniture when he wasn't supposed to. Liam would never forgive him for that.

Niall burst into a fit of tears at the thought and Harry was taken aback. "Ni, don't worry about that now okay? We'll get you to the hospital and then they-"

"The hospital?" Niall repeated, looking confused. "Yes, I called an ambulance. Liam's on his way now." Nialls stomach gave a horrible a churn and he suddenly felt sick. "I don't feel so good." Niall admitted feebly and he tried to get up, clutching on to the side of the sofa as he did so. "Be careful." Harry spoke softly, helping Niall up. Niall was finally steady on his two feet, being carefully held by Harry.

"Harry..." Niall trailed off, his eyes rolling back and he collapsed into a heap in Harry's arm. Harry winced, overwhelmed by Nialls weight against him. "Bloody hell." Harry strained, moving a lifeless Niall on to the sofa.

When the ambulance arrived, they placed Niall on a stretcher and carried him out and closed the door behind them, Harry following soon after.

When Liam arrived, he rushed past the reception and searched for Harry outside Nialls room. He found him sitting down on one of the chairs, bouncing his knee up and down impatiently, his arms crossed as he bowed his head and gnawed at his bottom lip. "Harry! What's happening?" Liam panted and Harry automatically stood up as Liam attempted to push past Harry and through the room, his hands on Harry's chest.

But Harry stopped him, wrapping his large hands around Liam's muscular arms, holding him still. Liam gave him a look of disappointment. "You can't go in yet, they're still working on him." Harry explained and Liam let out a shaky gasp. "Working on him?" He repeated, glancing at Nialls door.

"He was in pretty bad shape, Liam. They needed to run a lot of tests." Harry assured Liam and Liam bit his lip, dropping his arms as they both sat down. "What happened to him exactly? When you saw him?" Liam pressed eagerly.

"He fell down the stairs. He was moving pretty heavy furniture by the looks of it." Harry winced at the memory of Niall, sprawled lifeless on the landing of the stairs. "I did the CPR thing, brought him back y'know? But he was in a right state. He was really confused." Harry told Liam and Liam's expression was pained, hurt.

"Do you know why he'd be moving heavy furniture in the first place?" Harry asked and Liam's eyes widened. He thought hard, his breathing heavy then realisation dawned on him.

"This is all my fault." Liam heaved a deep sigh, bowing his head and twiddling his fingers on his lap. "Liam, it was an accident-"

"No, I was mad at him this morning. He told me about the...the dream." Liam admitted hesitantly, cringing at the thought. Harry's eyebrows knotted together. "You're mad because of a dream?" Harry asked, completely misunderstanding what Liam meant and Liam's eyes widened, quickly covering up his mistake.

"No! No, no, not the dream. I'm not mad about the dream, anything could've happened. But, lately- lately I feel as if he hasn't been honest with me. The reason I was mad was before he told you before he told me." Liam shrugged, feeling more guilty than ever. Harry sighed, staring down at his lap.

"Look, Niall didn't know whether to tell you or not because he was afraid of how you'd react. He was afraid that with all this going with Luke, he start to have feelings for Luke again and he didn't want that to happen. That's why he came to me. He was only looking for advice." Harry said, squeezing Liam's shoulder reassuringly.

Liam now had tears in his eyes. "Well now I really feel an idiot." Liam laughed hoarsely and Harry smirked. "You're both idiots." Harry corrected him and Liam chuckled weakly.

The door suddenly opened and they both shot up out their seats. Dr Baxter stood in the door way, looking flustered and Liam rushed toward her tried to get to past but she stopped him by placing a hand on his chest.

"What happened? What's wrong with him? Is he okay? I need to see him." Liam pressed eagerly and Dr Baxter sighed. "He's stable." Dr Baxter answered simply and Liam frowned, relaxing a little.

"I've given him a fluid that will hopefully bring his blood pressure back to normal and I've taken him off the hormonal drugs again. He's unconscious just now but he should wake up shortly. He has a broken arm but I've managed to get another to mend it for him and I've gave him some morphine to ease the pain." Dr Baxter explained and Liam sighed with relief, running a shaky hand through his hair. "And the babies?" Harry countered and Dr Baxter paused for a second, unable to answer.

"Dr Baxter." Liam warned sternly, his muscles tensing and his hands bawling into fists. "I don't know about the babies yet. Since Niall is still unconscious, I'm unable to perform an ultrasound on him. I tried to perform an X-Ray and MRI scan but die to his broken ribs I can't-"

"Broken ribs?!" Liam snapped angrily and Dr Baxter wiped her tears away quickly. "Liam, I don't know what caused the broken ribs. Because of the broken ribs, I can't get a good image of the babies. You have to understand that the babies will be unfamiliar with Nialls body therefor they might not be able to cooperate. The babies are at a stage where they're growing rapidly and I can't stop them. It might have been the fall that broke Nialls ribs, or the babies themselves because they don't have much room to expand Nialls belly. When Nialls blood pressure is back to normal and he's back on the hormonal drugs, I'll be able to give him an ultrasound." Dr Baxter sniffed and Liam now felt sick.

He didn't know if his babies were alive or not. He didn't know if Niall himself was going to make it. "C-can I see him?" Liam asked hesitantly and Dr Baxter smiled weakly. "Go ahead." She stepped aside for the pair and Harry followed Liam in to see Niall.

Niall was attached too a numerous amount of wires and the only sound that was reassuring Liam that he was alive was the steady beeping sound of the heart rate monitor. His belly was bloated under the blankets and his eyes were closed, looking peaceful. Liam took the seat closest to him, noticing the needle sticking out of his hand as he sat down. His right arm was bandaged and tied in a sling due to the broken bones and Liam reached over, gently kissing Nialls forehead as he sat back down.

Liam's hand shakily reached out to Nialls belly, placing his palm at his lower abdomen and he couldn't help smiling as he felt the familiar kicks and flutters of their babies against his palm.

_______________

It's not edited so I apologise for any mistakes. Also, I know you guys are kidding (I hope) but death threats really aren't necessary and I'd appreciate it if you didn't comment with them haha :') Anyway...

COMMENT, COMMENT, COMMENT!