Kang Daniel - Blue Spring Ride Pt 5

[Daniel's POV]

Weeks have past and (Y/N) seemed to be more happier. She would be more brightful when talking to her classmates and whenever she saw Seongwoo, that behaviour became even brighter.

I sighed as I regretted lying to her and refusing to date her. And I remembered why. Jawahir. I would see her in the halls being as brightful as she was back in Busan. I helped her with her problems and they slowly seemed to become non-existent. I felt it was finally time.

It was close to evening as I was at a bench in a park. I checked my phone time to time, seeing if I got any messages from her when I heard her voice. I turned around and saw Jawahir with a smile on her face. She walked over dressed differently, not her normal style.

"So, why'd you call me Euigeon? Are we going to do something!? I know a really cool cafe that's opening around he-.." before she could finish, I cut her off.

"I feel like I've done my part..."

Jawahir looked at me in confusion as I sat down. She followed as well as I continued. "You've become happier. Your problems have gone away. I've stayed by your side longer than I should've. It's time for me to continue on with my own life again..." I looked over at Jawahir and saw tears in her eyes.

"It's because of (Y/N), right? She probably tricked you.. she probably said something about me, right?" I shook my head as I looked up to the sky. "It's always been me. My feelings have been messed up for the longest time... but they finally found where they belonged... I'm sorry, but I like (Y/N).. I always had.."  I finally stood up and looked at Jawahir n

Her tears stained the clothes she'd been wearing, the clothes she wanted to impress me with. She looked at me with red eyes as she grabbed my sleeves. "Why can't you like me? We get each other... we're closer than you'd ever be with her! So why not me..?"

I sighed as I slowly removed her hands from my sleeves. "I'm sorry.. but before I met you and came to Busan, (Y/N) was always the girl I liked. And it'll stay like that... I hope you find a better guy Jawahir..."

I walked away into the crowd, but stole a glance of Jawahir sitting on the bench alone can wiping her tears away.

•••

[YOUR POV]

I was in class talking to Yuuri and Murao when the teacher came in. Everyone ran to their seats as we let him speak. "Class, for your end of the year trip, our entire grade block will be able to go to Busan for a week of history and relaxation after your exams. Isn't that amazing!?"

Everyone clapped and cheered as the teacher left us alone before the next class started. I turned around and talked to Yuuri but stole a glance at Daniel. He was staring out through the windows of the class. I felt bad but soon my attention was taken away when I saw Seongwoo and his friends at the entrance of my class.

I stood up and went over to him. "Hey, did you hear about the trip!? It's going to be amazing!" Seongwoo smiled at my excitement as he held my hand. "Yeah.. it's going to be fun.. I already have a date planned for us.. if that's okay with you?" I blushed a bit but nodded as I watched him  and his friends walk away. As I turned around, I saw Daniel looking at me, but turned his glance back to his friends. I smiled a bit and went back to my desk.

•••

The day of the trip came and I ran late heading to the bus. By the time I got on to our class's bus, every seat was taken except one; Daniel. I took a deep breath in as I took my seat beside him. We
Both kept to ourselves, but I kept stealing some glances at him.