Kang Daniel - Apology

This was requested by queensnowyyy

Daniel and I have been best friends ever since the first grade. We were the last two to be a pair for a project and we've been closer ever since Day One.

Our parents were close as well, which made things better, as most of our childhood was spent with each other's families.

Both our parents hoped that the two of us would get along and were so happy of how close Daniel and I were. I know everything about Daniel and he knows everything about me.

We've had a lot of hard challenges and this one is no different. Daniel was on Produce 101 Season 2 and I am so proud of him. I would watch the new episode when they were  released and support him every week. But after a while, I felt that my feelings towards him were different.

I was nearing the studio of where P101 S2 was being filmed to give some gifts to Daniel as congratulations for making it to the semi-finals when I got a text.
I picked it up and saw a text message from Daniel

From:~DanDan~
To: ~Areum~

  Hey Areumie~ I got exciting news. You're near the studio right? I'll meet you outside. See you soon

I smiled as I saw the text. I put the gifts aside as I texted him back.

From: ~Areum~
To: ~ DanDan~

Okay! I'll be there soon~

I ran to the entrance and saw Daniel wearing a mask. I smiled as I ran over to him and tapped his shoulder. He looked over at me and smiled as I gave him a quick hug.

"Hey! It's been a while since we've hung out. How's your parents?" I nodded as I walked inside with him. "Good! We're all proud of you Dan. I can't wait til you debut. So what's the news you want to tell me. Because I have something to say as well.."

I saw Daniel's smile become wider as he pulled me to the side for a bit. "So.. lately there's this girl who I've known for a while. She's basically the definition of beauty. And I wanted to tell you that...." I blushed a bit as I let him continue

"It's Jawahir, my coordi-noona! She's been helping me since I was still trainee at MMO. We've been going out for a while and we have another date today! Isn't that great?" As Daniel took out his phone to show me a picture,I felt my smile slowly fade as I nodded. I put on a fake smile as I saw his eyes glimmer with excitement.

"Oh right, you wanted to say something to. What was it?" I shook my head and handed Daniel his gifts. "It's nothing. I'm happy for you Daniel, you found love.. I gotta head back... I need to study for a math quiz. See ya later.." I waved as I saw Daniel walk back to his dorm, probably to talk to Jawahir.

As I was leaving the studio, I saw this girl, Jawahir, that Daniel was talking about. She was sitting on another guy's lap and kissing him like there was no tomorrow. Once they saw me, Jawahir and the guy went separate ways, with Jawahir heading over in my direction.

"You must be Daniel's friend, Areum, right? Sorry about the scene you just saw. I just needed to destress and Kangin is amazing at helping me. So how about you not tell Daniel what you saw, okay?"

I scoffed as I looked at Jawahir. "Are you kidding me? That's disgusting and low. I'm telling Daniel this and for sure he'll break up with your sorry ass.."

I went back and saw Daniel talking with Jisung. He saw me and made his way over. "Hey, I thought you were going to go study?" I shook my head as I saw Jawahir coming near us. "You're little girlfriend over here was making out with another guy. I saw it.."

I watched as Jawahir flirted with Daniel and rolled my eyes. Daniel looked at me and frowned. "Why would you say something like that Areum? I thought we were friends!? If you don't like my relationship, than go find someone else.." I saw Daniel and Jawahir walk away as Jawahir turned around and smirked At me.

I felt tears fall down and stain my face as I walked home.

•••

Weeks have past since Daniel and I have had that fight and he's been avoiding me. Jawahir on the other hand was terrible. She spread rumours about me to the thee trainees, she sabotaged all my apology cards to Daniel and even sent me threatening texts to stay away.

Today was the filming for the final episode for P101 S2. Even though I felt terrible and I didn't want to see Jawahir, I decided to go as Daniel was still my best friend, even if he didn't think the same.

I felt happy seeing Daniel perform on stage with his fans cheering and his members along side him. As the final ranking was announced, I exploded with happiness as Daniel won first place. I clapped and clapped until my hands were sore but all that slowly faded away as things were coming to an end.

I took out my phone and decided to text Daniel.

From: ~Areum~
To: ~ DanDan~

Hey Dan~ it's me. Listen, I know I should've told you sooner, but I'm leaving. My family's moving to Canada. I guess this is goodbye.

I sighed as I grabbed my things and made my way to the airport.

[DANIEL'S POV]

I walked backstage and took a drink of water as I looked around for Jawahir. I saw the ends of her hair and smiled as I ran towards her. My smile slowly faded away as saw her making out with one of the writers.

Jawahir just looked at me and shrugged her shoulders as I went back to my dressing room. "Areum was right. I have to talk to her.." I took out my phone to call her when I saw a text message.

My eyes widened as I grabbed my things, not caring about what people were saying and ran to the airport.

[YOUR POV]

I sighed as I waited for my flight to be boarded. My parents were talking as I got up to walk around a bit. As I was getting something to eat, I heard screams. I turned around and saw Daniel fishing in. Once he saw me, he ran over and fell to his knees, out of breath and forgiveness.

"Areum, I'm sorry for breaking you heart. I saw what Jawahir is really like and I felt terrible. I was an idiot and I should've made you smile instead of making you cry and I'm sorry. Please..please don't leave me. Will you forgive me?"

I smiled and as tears fell from my eyes. I helped Daniel up as I kissed his cheek. "Of course I forgive you~ what are friends for, right?"

Daniel pulled me closer as he stared into my eyes. "I don't want to be friends anymore.." I looked at him in confusion as he pulled me into a passionate kiss.

After a while, the kiss broke and we stared at each other, while smiling out of breath.
"Best... apology...ever.."