Hwang Minhyun - Red Thread

This was Requested by fluffy_like_bunny 

In this world, two types of creatures exist; humans and vampires. Through many conflicts and battles have they learned to live among each other in peace. Both species have many differences but only one thing tie them together. The legend of the red thread.

Legend has it that a red thread will wrap around someone's finger and at the other end of the thread is their soulmate, vampire or human. However, the string is only seen by the soulmates, which makes it more special than any other thing in this world.

And one red thread has already begun to unravel to show the fate of two soulmates.

•••

[Minhyun's POV]
I was sick of this. I looked beside me and saw many humans cowering in fear at the sight of me. I sighed as I shot them a glare. They ran away as I snickered a bit, but my friend, Jaehwan, didn't find it funny.

"Yah, you know the peace treaty.. why can't you follow it? Nothing good will come out of...whatever you're doing." I rolled my eyes and looked at Jaehwan.
"I didn't like this peace treaty in the first place. Humans are disgusting creatures. Just bags of flesh that are slowly decaying. And their blood is terrible."

I looked at the time and sighed. "I have to go. Because of this treaty, I also have to go to school... why can't things go back to the last century?" I bid Jaehwan goodbye as I started walking to my school

I was walking until someone bumped into me. I sighed angrily and turned to glare at an innocent looking girl. I looked at her uniform name tag. My eyes widened as I saw who she was.
'(Y/N)... she's the human I've been seeing in my dreams.' I felt my heart skip a beat, but I kept my cover. I sent her one last glare before walking to school.

On my way, i felt something strange. I took my hand out of my pocket and saw  a red thread around my index finger. My eyes widened. "It can't be..."

[Your POV]
I walked down the streets with earbuds in as I bobbed my head to the music. I smiled at everyone who was walking by me on my way to school. I was so into my music, I wasn't looking where I was going until I bumped into someone. "Oh, I'm s-" I froze when I saw who was in front of me.

Hwang Minhyun. Then coldest vampire in this city. Maybe in the entire country. He glared at me and continued walking. I looked as a path for him was already cleared as other pedestrians moved away to not bother him.

I let out a breath of relief as I continued walking. I lifted my hand so I could take my phone out of my pocket when I noticed something. A red thread wrapped around my index finger. I blinked a couple of times before letting out a scream. People stared at me as I meekly apologized.

I ran to my classroom and found my friend, Jawahir. "The red thread is around my finger!" She burst out laughing but when she realized that I was serous, her eyes widened like mine.

"Wait, that means your soulmate is nearby. Probably in this school. But who?" I shrugged my shoulders as I slid down in my seat. "How did the legend go again?" Jawahir took out her phone to search it up. Once she found it, she recited it.

"Legend has it that a red thread will wrap around someone's finger and at the other end of the thread is their soulmate, vampire or human. The string is seen by the soulmates when the two have seen each other by chance."

Jawahir looked back at me. "So, did you happen to bump into someone on your way to school?" My eyes widened as I recalled what happened in the morning. Before I could say anything, the classroom door slid open to reveal Minhyun.

He scanned the class before looking at me. He went to my seat and grabbed my hand. He dragged me to the rooftop and it wasn't until the end of my red thread was on his index finger.

[Minhyun's POV]
I dragged up the stairs to talk to her privately. Once we were alone, I finally got a good look of her face. 'She's even cuter in real life. Adorable even.. wait, what am I even thinking?' I was snapped out of my thoughts when I saw (Y/N) waving her hand in front of my face.

"Umm..why did you just drag me out of class?" I cleared my throat "Well, its about the whole red thread problem. Apparently we're a special case..."
I saw confusion on (Y/N)'s face, but I continued.

"We're the only vampire-human soulmate pair that ever existed. But the thing is...I'm immortal. If we're soulmates, I don't want to have to live in pain after your death."

Before I could finish, (Y/N) put her hand out, gesturing that she wanted to say something. " Wait, I'm confused? Why do you want to be soulmates? I thought you hated me? And everyone else?"

I shook my head "I don't hate you (Y/N), I actually feel the opposite. I'm just, not used to humans yet. That's why I'm so cold. And if the thread chose us to be together, than..its destiny, right?"

I saw (Y/N)'s face turn red out of embarrassment. I smiled and held her hand. She smiled at me and before I could do anything, she leaned in and pecked my on the cheek. I smiled brightly and pulled her into a long hug.

After a while, (Y/N) spoke up. "What do we do about the whole immortality thing?" I chuckled and pulled away from the hug. "Well, I could make you immortal, but it's your choice. Whatever you choose, I'll fully support you."

She nodded and bit her lip. After a while she smiled brightly "I want to be immortal. With you Minhyun. You're right. If the thread picked us, then we must be destined, right?" I smiled back as I kissed her forehead.

"I'm going to have to bite you. It'll sting for a bit, but it will be over in a bit, okay?" She nodded and exposed her neck to me. I let my fangs out and sinked it into her neck. I heard (Y/N) groan in pain but stopped. After a while, I took my fangs out and supported her.

She opened her eyes, which were now red. I smiled as I pulled her close to me. "You're mine (Y/N). That red thread was the best thing that's ever happened to me.
(Y/N) nodded as well as we walked down the stairs, hand in hand.

Another long imagines. I really hoped you like it. fluffy_like_bunny  I know it isn't exactly like what you requested but I had writers block. :(