Kim Jaehwan - Military Cadets?

My name is (Y/N) (L/N). I'm 20 years old and should be going to university for the film program I've always dreamed of.

But my father has different dreams for me. It all started a couple of days ago when he told me this...

"(Y/N), I've been thinking and I've seen how athletic you are. I want you to become a cadet for a year at my military base. And no excuses. That's an order"

Now here I am at a military base near the border training to be a cadet. I took out my phone and tried to call a cab back home. "Ugh no bars.." I walked around trying to find a signal when..

"No phones allowed. Any type of electronics will be taken away to focus on your training." I turned around to see a boy in full uniform and ash brown hair. I stared at him and sighed.

"Listen, I don't wanna even be here. I should be back in Seoul going to the film school of my dreams, not stuck in the middle of nowhere because my dad thinks I'll make a good cadet!" The boy was startled by my sudden outburst.

"I'm sorry....it's just, I don't even want to be here. My dad forced me like always." He nodded. "I understand Miss. How about I help you get used to all this?"

I smiled. "Thank you.. sorry I never got your name." He smiled back "It's Jaehwan but only say it when it's the two of us. Other than that you can call me..."

"GENERAL KIM! I see you've met my daughter. I can trust to put her in your care." My father came by in his usual uniform.

Jaehwan nodded and looked at me. "Of course sir. I'll train your daughter to be our best female cadet." My father smiled and looked at me "I'm counting on you (Y/N). Make your country and I proud."

I gave my dad a small smile, but once he left it faded away. Jaehwan seemed to notice "Let me show you your room.." I nodded and followed him.

~~~

It's already been 7 months. I thought I was going to fail horribly but Jaehwan was always by my side. He gave up a lot of his nights making sure I got the hang of it. We laughed a lot and always pulled pranks on the other cadets. Whenever I had a breakdown, he was my shoulder to lean on. I fell for him hard, and I could feel he felt the same way.

My dad seemed to notice how happy I was but thought it was because I was a cadet, not because of Jaehwan.

He called me to his office and as I saluted him he gave me the brightest smile he's ever given me. "(Y/N), I've been meaning to talk to you about this." He gestured me to sit and I did.

I nodded as he continued. "You only have 5 more months until you can stop being a cadet but I decided to make it longer just for you" My smile fell of my face as I stood up.

"What! Dad, I don't wanna here. I wanna be in Seoul, filming and making movies and TV shows. That's my dream. I don't wanna be a cadet." My father looked at me confused.

"But you looked so happy. I thought you loved being a cadet." I shook my head. "No, you love me being a cadet. The only reason I like things here is because of Jaehwan . He's making things bearable."

My father stood up and looked extremely angry. "Young lady I raised you to help protect this country. Isn't that the least you can do?"

"No, because that's not what I wanna do. All my life it's always training. I was accepted to the school of my dreams and you threw that away without my permission. I know your my dad, but you know nothing about me."

My father just stared at me. "Than why did you stay? You could've left yet you stayed? Why?"

I took a deep breath in. "Two reasons. One, to make you proud..again. Two, because of Jaehwan . And you're right. I can leave and I will. I'm going back to Seoul." I opened the door to see Jaehwan. My eyes widened as he stared  at me.

"You're leaving..." he said quietly looking down. "Jae..I'm sorry. You know that I love being with you but my dream isn't here. This is your dream and I've been ruining it for you. I won't forget you though"

I turned around and gave my father one last look before leaving to go pack and leave the base. As I got in the car they let me borrow, I turned around and didn't see Jaehwan . I sighed and got in, not looking back.

~~~

A couple of years have past and I was the producer of a popular show at SBS. I was one of the first female producers to win 4 awards in a row and my dad was finally proud.

I was walking up to my apartment after the filming of a show when I noticed the door was open. I grabbed my keys as a weapon and put them in front of me.

I went in and was about to call 911 when someone grabbed my keys and phone and gave me a back hug. "Are you really going to arrest the man who taught you that move..?"

I recognized that voice as tears started coming. "Jae..Jaehwan..?" I turned around and saw his face. "I've missed you...so much" He gave me a smile as he lifted my chin. "I've missed you too. It's been lonely on base. Your dad realized he was wrong."

I looked up at his face as he continued. "He's proud of you. I'm proud of you. I'm glad the girl I love is doing what she's always dreamed of. And now all I have to do is this..."

Jaehwan gave me a passionate kiss and secured his arms around my waist. I returned it by wrapping my arms around his neck. After a while we broke the kiss. We smiled at each other silently for a bit until he broke the silence.

"So, how would you like a military general as boyfriend?" I laughed and nodded. "Well there's one right here so I guess I love it. And how about you? How would you like a popular TV producer as a girlfriend?" Jaehwan smiled and gave me a quick peck on my lips. "I've always known I would have one so I guess I love it too.."