Kang Daniel - First Choice

This was requested by 17jihoon

It's was past midnight as I was driving home with my friends. I kept checking my phone for updates or messages from Jihoon, but nothing. Every  I sent went to voicemail. I was getting anxious but my friends managed to calm me down.

"(Y/N), he's probably sleeping.. it's fine. You'll go home and see him in bed fast asleep and realize you were overreacting.." I nodded as my friends dropped me off in front of my house. I waved goodbye to them as I entered my house.

"They're right (Y/N), he's just going to be in.....bed?" As I walked into my shared room with Jihoon, I saw him fast asleep with a girl in his arms. The girl woke up and saw me. She smiled as she stood up a bit. "Are you his sister?  Don't worry, we used protection. Too bad he was tired. Things were getting really good too." She yawned and went back to sleep as tears fell out of my eyes.

I could've yelled or screamed or through water on them, but I didn't. I grabbed my things and headed to Daniel's house.

I kept knocking on his door, hoping he would wake up. The door opens to a groggy Daniel. "(Y/N)... what are you doing.? Where's Jihoon?" Once I came in, Daniel noticed my tears. "What happened (Y/N)? What's going on?" I felt Daniel wipe my tears away as I told him everytbing.

"I came home and saw... I saw Jihoon with another girl... Jihoon cheated on me... I can't believe it.. 4 years and he cheats on me.. In my own bed.." Daniel patted my head as he comforted me.

"It's fine (Y/N).. it's not your fault. Jihoon is an idiot for throwing says 4 years with you for a stupid one night stand. You must be tired.. you can sleep in the guest bedroom. I still have some of you're extra clothes from our last sleepover." I nodded as I went to the guest room to get changed and soon, I fell asleep.

The next day, I woke up feeling a bit sticky from all the crying and runny makeup. I decided to take a shower and after I did, I went downstairs. I noticed the Daniel wasn't down yet so I decided to start making breakfast. After a while, I heard the front door and in walked in Daniel with bruises on his face and arms.

My eyes widened as I ran over to him. "Daniel, what happened? Are you okay?!" Daniel laughed a bit as I helped him down. "It's fine (Y/N).. I was teaching your no-good ex- boyfriend his place... guess Jihoon knows how to throw a couple of punches back.."

I sighed as I got up and went to the bathroom. I came back with a first aid kit and sat down next to Daniel. "I never said to beat him up.. besides, we technically didn't break up yet.."

"Don't tell me you're going back you're going to go back to that idiot after what he did to you?" I saw Daniel wince as I continued cleaning his wounds. I mumbled an apology as I continued cleaning and bandaging his cuts and bruises.

"I never said that I was going to go back to him... I just never officially broke up with him..". As I was cleaning his wounds, I heard my phone buzz. I opened it and saw a text from Jihoon.

<< Noona.. whatever you saw last night was an accident.. can we talk about this, please?>>

I contemplated on whether to talk to Jihoon or not when Daniel took my phone from my hand. "Hey, give that back!" Daniel shook his head as he pinned me to the couch. He threw my phone aside as he looked down at me. "Why can't you see the way I feel for you..I can treat you better than Jihoon, love you more than Jihoon did and do anything and everything you want... but why do you choose him?"

I looked down in embarrassment as Daniel continued "I've always heard about your time with Jihoon and I wish that it could be me making you laugh until your sides hurt or cuddle with you when you're watching a scary movie. Why can't I be that guy? Why can't I be your first choice?"

I smiled as I finally looked up. "You've always been my first choice Kang Daniel.. I was always so afraid to admit it because I didn't think you'd feel the same.."

After I said that, Daniel began to smile as he kissed my cheek. "So does that mean I'm you're first choice?" I nodded as I grabbed my phone. I typed something in and showed Daniel as his smile grew wider.

<< Sorry Jihoon-ah, I'm already taken by my first and bears choice. Try your luck somewhere else>>