Bae Jinyoung - Starplayer

There was 10 seconds on the clock. It was a penalty shot. Bae Jinyoung had the ball and as soon as the whistle blew, he shot the ball and it went in. The crowd cheered except one person. Me. I didn't care about sports or basketball games.

I didn't even want to come to this game. If it wasn't for my friend who tricked me into coming, I would be at home scrolling through endless Kpop memes. My friend kept shaking me about the schools victory, but I didn't care. "Okay Jawahir, I went to this stupid game, now are you going to buy me BTS's new album or what?"

Jawahir playfully hit my shoulder, but smiled "Fine but where's your school spirit? Our team just won the semi-finals! We're going to the playoffs!" I rolled my eyes "I must have left it at home when you dragged me out of my bedroom."

"Wow (Y/N), you're so cheap! You don't even care about your school's team winning? Jinyoung would be crushed if he heard that." I turned around and saw the school's slut, Rianna.

(I'm sorry if your name is that. Just think of another name for this character.)

I just smirked at her "I don't need an input from you, Rianna. Besides, for all I care, he's a cocky, ego filled basketball player. So why don't you find someone else to bother? Or maybe, you're too busy sleeping with other guys."

Rianna just scoffed and walked away. Jawahir and I laughed a bit before I turned my attention back to the court. I saw Jinyoung being hoisted on his team mates shoulders. We made brief eye contact but I just looked away, bored for the third time that night.

•••

I was in class, with only a minute until the bell rang. The teacher was giving back our final paper. I looked at my mark and smiled. '98%. Not bad'. I shows it to Jawahir, who was sitting next to me. She smiled and gave me a thumbs up.

The bell rang and I was about to leave with Jawahir when the teacher called me back. I looked over at Jawahir "Head out without me. Just get me some lunch." She nodded and left the classroom. I made my way to the front of the classroom, to see my teacher with Jinyoung.

I internally groaned but just listened to what the teacher was saying. "(Y/N), I would like you to tutor Jinyoung for the next test which is next week. If he doesn't get a good mark, he cannot play in the playoffs. So, will you do it?"

I would've said no in a heartbeat, but thinking of how everyone in the school would hate me for letting the basketball team's star player be benched and losing the playoffs. I sighed and gave my teacher a fake smile. "Of course. When do I start?"

The teacher smiled back and looked at the time. "After school, if that's alright with you?" I nodded and left the classroom along with Jinyoung. The hallways were empty, as everyone was either in the cafeteria or out for lunch.

"Why'd you agree to help me?" I looked over and saw Jinyoung staring at his shoes. I gave him a small smile. "I guess so that you would win the playoffs. Isn't that why you've been working hard all year?" Jinyoung slowly looked at me. "I thought you hated basketball..why would you help me? Weren't you the one who said I was a cocky, ego-filled basketball player?"

I looked at him with confusion. "How did y- Rianna! I'm going to make her wish she was never born!" Before I could walk away, Jinyoung grabbed my arm. "That's not the point. The point is, you're judging me for no reason. So, I'll show you the truth. We'll be studying at my house after school today. Meet me in front of the gates after the last bell." Jinyoung let go and left me alone in the empty hallway.

The last bell rang and I made my way to the schools front gates. I saw Jinyoung waiting for me as I walked over to him. He gave me a small smile "You ready to go?" I nodded and just followed him.

After a while, I looked at my phone. I saw that half an hour went by. "Jinyoung, how much farther do we have to walk?" Jinyoung stopped and look forward. I followed his gaze and saw a small apartment complex. "That's..that's my home. This is where I live."

I didn't know what to say, so I just quietly followed him inside. Once we were inside his living room, I faced him. "I don't get it.. you look like you have everything. A new phone, nice clothes. You have it all."

Jinyoung shook his head. "I worked early morning shifts for the last 4 months to get that phone, my clothes are all from the thrift shop and I don't really have everything. Everyone just thinks that based off my looks. I've never had a proper friend."

I looked down "I'm sorry..For judging you poorly and making false claims against you. If you want... I can be your friend.." Jinyoung smiled and walked towards me. He ruffled my hair before putting his hands in his pocket. "I'd like that. But now, let's get back to studying." I nodded and opened my bag.

It was the playoffs and it was the last ten seconds. The ball was passed until it went to Jinyoung. He shot the ball in, making our school win the playoffs for the first time in 5 years. I jumped up in happiness as Jawahir looked at me strangely." Wow, it was just two weeks ago when I tried to get you to the Kay's game. Now you're cheering for them? What's gotten into you."

I smiled at her as I glanced to Jinyoung. He sent me a smile as I looked back to Jawahir. "Someone taught me to my judge things directly. Now, I got to go congratulate Jinyoung."

Jawahir's eyes widened "Congratulate him? I though he was a cocky, ego-filled basketball player?" I smiled as I went down the bleacher's stairs. "Not anymore. He's my friend."

I walked over to Jinyoung and saw him smile as he saw me. "Congratulations. I knew you could do it." Jinyoung smiled " Thanks, that means a lot coming from you. Oh and by the way.." Jinyoung took off his jersey and handed it to me.

I looked at him confused as he continued "It's a school legend that the if someone gives the person they like their winning jersey, that the person will consider them as their soulmate. So, (Y/N), will you consider me you're soulmate?"

I blushed a bit as I clutched the jersey in my hands. "I don't know. How about we go out on a couple of dates, just to be sure?" Jinyoung laughed and nodded. "I'd like that."

Wow, a long imagine. Hope you guys liked it.