Hwang Minhyun - Prince Charming

This is for princess_jihye

I sat in my throne as the royal advisors were telling me about my schedule. I sighed in boredom and smiled to myself when they were done. After they left, my parents walked in the room with smiles on my face.

"Our precious daughter! We have exciting news! The princes from the 11 kingdoms have agreed to come to your royal masquerade ball tonight! You'll be able to find a suitor!"

My father clapped as he gave me a hug. "As our only child, you'll be the first princess to have two kingdoms! And your children will be the heirs to both! We ask you to choose wisely tonight.. once you found a prince, you will devote your lives to each other."

I nodded as I excused myself.  As I walked around the castle, I saw my friend, Jawahir, talking with one of the maids. " Jawahir! Thank goodness I found you.. I need your help.."  Jawahir turned to me and gave me a small smile. " I would love to Princess (Y/N), but I have to help with preparations for your ball tonight. Maybe another time?"

I sighed and nodded as I watched the two walk away as I continued on my walk. I went to the castles main balcony and saw workers preparing for the ball.

"You seem to have a lot of your mind.." I turned around and saw a young man in a tailored outfit. I nodded "It's about the ball tonight... I'm scared about meeting the other princes..."

The man nodded as he made his way beside me. He leaned forward and looked at the workers. "Pleasing your parents is the hardest thing to do. Especially if you're a princess..." I nodded as I leaned forward as well.

"I feel like the entire kingdom is looking up to me to make the change that will shape the future. It's a lot pressure and I don't want to disappoint anyone..." I felt the man put his hands on my shoulders in comfort.

"Even if you make a mistake, it's not the end of the world. The people need to know you're human too and that you're going to make a mistake. You just need to know to learn from your mistakes."

I smiled as I heard the man's words. "Thank you..... I'm sorry, I never got your name.." the man smiled and started walking away. "You'll find out soon. I'm late so I'll be leaving now.. you should also prepare for the ball."

I watched as the man walked down the corridor as some maids ushered me to my room to get ready.

•••

The ball had started and I sat down at my throne. I fidgeted around, fixing my mais every now and then. Many royals, nobles and court men and women greeted and congratulated me. I just smiled back, fighting the urge to fix my dress.

It was the middle of the ball and the night was in full swing. I was finally able to loosen up. After a while, my mother took me to a separate room.

There were 11 boys lined up in masks. "Princess (Y/N), these are the princes from the 11 kingdoms. Please introduce yourselves individually." The princes nodded as the first one at the far left started.

"Prince Jisung, a pleasure to meet you"

"Prince Sungwoon. It's an honour.."

"Prince Daehwi. You are a real beauty, your highness"

"Prince Guanlin, at your faithful service"

"Prince Daniel. Words can't describe my happiness"

"Prince Jinyoung. My feelings are indescribable"

"Prince Jaehwan. Your voice sounds like a sweet melody.

"Prince Jihoon, my heart is ready to be yours"

"Prince Woojin. I hope my charms appeal to you"

"Prince Seongwoo, thank you for this opportunity"

I put a smile on as each of the princes introduced themselves. I looked at the final prince. As he removed his mask, my eyes widened. He was the man I was speaking too earlier.

"Prince Minhyun. I'll lend a listening ear to all your problems, your highness."

I smiled widely as my mother looked at me. "You obviously won't marry the prince you choose this instant. We'd like that you spend time with the prince  you choose. So, who's the prince you choose?"

I smiled as I glanced at Minhyun. "I'm sorry to all you. All of you are amazing and will find your princesses in the future, but I choose Prince Minhyun.."

Minhyun smiled and walked towards me. "I'll make sure that you're problems will be gone. Thank you Princess (Y/N)..."

As the others started leaving, i followed as well until Minhyun stopped me. "Princess... even if you may not feel the same way, my heart feels like it's on cloud nine... is this love?"