Chapter 3- Surprise Me

So I finally uploaded, since my friend wouldn't stop bugging me about it. *COUGH* Madsion *COUGH* Anwyays, 20 reads for the next chapter c: And yes, this chapter finally involves One Direction, aha.

******************************************

Chapter 3- Surprise me.

I woke up suddenly, a sharp pain jolting through my right side.

“Dee?” I asked, trying to knock her out of her deep sleep.

“Dee!” I spoke in a louder voice.

“DEE!” I yelled, throwing a pillow at her.

“Hmm?” She said grogilly, lifting her head up.

Another jolting pain shot through my right side. I clutched it forceful way, hoping it would help suspend the pain.

She noticed me holding my waist. “What’s wrong? Are you okay?” She sounded like my mother.

“I don’t know, I just woke up, and it feels like I’m being stabbed in my side.”

She grabbed something off of her night stand, which I assumed was her cell. She held it up to her ear, confirming my guess.

“Gavin?.... Sorry, but come to the dorm........I don’t know, just get over here!.... Kay bye.”

“Uhh, why’d you call Gavin?” I asked.

Gavin McArthur. He was dating Kennedy, since the third day we arrived here in London. He had dark hair, and glowing green eyes. 

‘We’re taking you to the hospital. I don’t trust myself driving at this time of the day, I haven’t had any caffeine yet.”

I giggled softly. Wait, hospital?

“Dee.. You know I can’t stand the hospital..” I rambled on.

“Keira, I’m not going to let you sit here in pain. We’re going.”

I laid back down for a few minutes, waiting for Gavin to arrive. A knock sounded on the door, as I looked over at my alarm clock. It read: 3:27 am. I groaned mentally.

Kennedy made her way to door, letting Gavin in. He kissed her cheek, whispered something, and handed her a coffee. Smart move. As much as I loved my best friend, she was unbearable without a little bit of caffeine in her system.

Another pain shot through me. It was so powerful, I swung my head backwards and hit it against the wall. Things slowly drifted away from me, and everything went black.

*10 am*

**Kennedy’s point of view**

I rested on Gavin’s lap, being very impatient. The doctors had been running tests since we got to the hospital earlier. 

“I need to go for a walk..” I trailed off.

“I’ll come too.” Gavin said, a worried tone set in his voice.

“No.” I snapped. “I need some time to myself..”

“Alright then..”

I walked off, feeling bad about my rudeness. It wasn’t like he deserved it. I mean, I woke him up at 3 in the morning, made him drive through London, and then made him miss classes. He should be studying for his exams. Not sitting in a hospital alone.

I stealthily walked past the room Keira was placed in. I flattened myself up against the wall, trying to listen to the conversation between the nurses. I sneaked closer to the door, trying to make out what they were talking about.

“It could be her– Did you see that?” A nurse with a blonde bun, and black rimmed glasses that made her look like a librarian, said.

“Let me go look.” The older nurse, probably in her 40's muttered.

I quickly slipped farther against the wall, as the nurse walked closer. My legs quickly responded to my brain, rushing me into the next room.

I jumped behind the curtain, knowing that the nurse would probably search the neighbouring rooms before returning to where Keira was.

Six people stood before me. I shot them each a ‘sorry-for-intruding’ look before really looking them over. I peeked behind the curtain, and let out a sigh of relief. I turned back to the visitors, and nearly peed myself.

“Oh, my gosh! Y-You guys are One Direction!” I managed to say.

A green eyed curly haired boy smiled, and held his hand out for me to shake. I smiled back, shaking it politely. “I’m Kennedy Reed, and I’m so sorry for intruding.” I apologised, explaining what had happened. I looked at the little girl in the bed, which was crowded by the guys.

A short blonde boy with braces reached out for a hug, trying to calm me down as I was now crying softly. Just thinking that Keira could be seriously hurt made me cry. What can I say? I’m very sensitive. 

“It’s okay, love. She’ll be alright.”

I smiled faintly at his kind words. Maybe things would get better. I mean, I just met One Direction. That doesn’t happen everyday, does it?