Chapter 2- What A Slug

So uhm, HELLO. Please comment or whatever you like, so I have ideas for the next chapters or whatever I should fix.. Criticism is always good c:  

Uh yeah.. I kind of want 30 reads before I upload each chapter. So if you like it, tell people? xD I don't know, lol.

*******************************************

It was Friday night, and Kennedy and I were listening to music in our room, planning a bucket list for the upcoming summer with Kale and Roxy.

Kale was able to find cheap tickets, one for him and one for his sister. This summer, was going to be incredible. Two more weeks, and I could do whatever I want. Stay up late, sleep in. Not worrying about assignments that were due. And most importantly, see Kale.

“Dee?” I asked.

“What my master?” She responded as if she was my maid.

“Come here.” I motioned her over to where I was sitting on my bed, pointing at the screen of her laptop that I was currently using.

I don’t think I’ve ever seen Dee’s mouth drop open so far in my life. I was confused, originally pointing at a girl’s status on Facebook which I found sort of funny.

“Dee, what’s wrong with your jaw?” I questioned, mimicking her facial expression.

“Kiera...” her words drifted off.

I turned the screen to face me. I saw exactly what she was so in shock from. Right in the middle of my newsfeed, was a picture of Kale. 

It wasn’t just an ordinary picture, with a smile or anything. It was of him, and a brunette I recognized from my old school, lip locking.

A single tear flew down my cheek. Dee tried her best to comfort me, but all I saw was a blur. Everything was a lie. Kale cheated. Kale was my everything... Was.

“D-Dee..” I stuttered.

“Yes, lovely?” She perched herself next to me, wrapping an arm around me in attempt to comfort me.

“Call him.” I demanded.

“Keira, I think you need to do that yourself. I mean, if I were you, I think it would just be best if you two talk things out..” And with that, she walked out of the room. I mentally thanked her, for giving me time on my own.

*Half an hour later*

I shakily dialled Kale’s number, for what I was guessing would be the last time. Just thinking about that, made me want to break out into tears. I thought Kale was the one. He was my other half..

My thoughts got interrupted my Kale’s voice. “Babe! How are you?”

“Kale... Did you really think I wouldn’t see that?”

“See what?”

“YOUR TONGUE SHOVED DOWN HER THROAT!” I yelled, getting softer near the end, realizing how loud I was.

“Oh.. You saw that?” You could tell there was guilt in his voice.

“Kale.. I think we need a break.” I confessed.

“I was thinking that too.. I mean, I love you Keira, but I think I’m starting to gain feelings for Sophie.”

“Really? I couldn’t tell.” 

“Keira... I’m sorry.”

“Save it. If you were sorry, you wouldn’t have done it. You’re nothing but a liar.”

Seconds later, I hung up. I texted Kennedy, to let her know she could come back to the dorm.

While I waited for her, I went back on Facebook. I changed my relationship status to ‘Single.’ I logged off as quick as I could, not wanting that horrid picture to haunt me. Even though I knew it would for a while, I tried my best to get it off my mind. I put some One Direction on, and looked at tickets for the upcoming concert in a couple of weeks. 

A song or two later, Kennedy came bursting through the door, handing me a cappuccino. “Thanks” I said with a faint smile.

“Keira, I know you loved him. But look, you’re going to find somebody amazing. Someone who will treat you ten times better than that slug ever did.” She said encouragingly.

“Dee, I don’t know what I would do without you.” I confessed.

“I know, I have that effect on people.” She bragged.

I let out a few giggles. Then it hit me like a ton of bricks. She was right. For all I know, Kale could be the most selfish and rude guy on the face of this planet compared to someone else. I just needed to find the right one. 

*Later that night*

I’m lying in bed, thinking about the events of today. 

Well, I broke up with my boyfriend of almost three years, because I found out he was a lying, cheating dog. That’s always a heart warmer.

I also found really good seats to a one direction concert here in London. I bought them, and I’m going to surprise Dee. She’s going to flip. One Direction is one of our most favourite bands, along with Hedley, The Fray, The Script, and Mariana’s Trench.

I’ve always wanted to see them live. And now I would be. In a few weeks, all of my worries would be gone. And it would feel oh, so sweet.