The Phoenix Hotel

Start from the beginning

I also realised that I had been gripping Jason's arms. His hands were still cupping my cheeks and his eyes were still fixed on me.

I immediately felt embarrassed as I released my hold on him and quickly moved away.

"Sorry." I muttered quickly.

I hung my head low and hugged myself. I did all I could not to look at him but I could tell that he still had his eyes fixed on me.

"It's okay." He muttered.

There was this awkward moment of silence that fell upon us and I knew that he was probably wondering what had just happened.
Thankfully, he didn't ask. He just moved closer to the car.

"We should get going before the paps find us." Jason spoke.

I just nodded as I quickly opened the passenger door and slipped in.
The rest of the drive was filled with more of that awkward silence.

We soon arrived at a majestic building with the words 'Phoenix' sprawled across the top and the majestic bird of the same name with flames around it appeared to be in flight above it.

Jason drove to what I assumed was the underground parking lot.

It took some time for me to remember why the name sounded so familiar then I remembered that a friend of mine who had once lived in New York had mentioned it.
It was owned by the Callahans. He had said that it was one of the most expensive hotels/casinos in New York and that it would take five years of saving just for him to be able to afford to stay there.

I could see why now. Just looking at the exterior told me that it was high class. The main colours were gold and black . The whole building itself was an odd spherical dimensional shape that added to the place's beauty.

Jason drove down narrow platform and soon the whole underground parking lot was visible.
It wasn't very big or extraordinary. In fact all I saw were mostly Phoenix branded vehicles, this must have been the Hotel's personal parking lot.

Jason parked in the front next to a Phoenix minivan.

He turned off the ignition.

"Come on." He muttered as he got out. I followed suit.

I hadn't realised the SUV that had been parked not too far away. Joey and Greg exited the vehicle and Jason tossed the keys to him.

"That was more than five minutes." He spoke seeming surprised as if Jason being late hardly ever happened.

Jason shot me a look which made me blush.
"Yeah, well we hit a small bump in the road." He told him.

Joey chose not to question his boss though he did look somewhat perplexed.

"Take my car home. Make sure to use the longest possible route." Jason told him.

"Okay, but before I go there's some business your Father wants you to take care of." Joey looked back at me and then Greg.

Greg stepped forward. "Lets wait in the car, miss." He told me as he placed his hand on my back and ushered me to  the SUV.

He opened the passenger seat and let me get in. I scooted to the middle so that I could see what was going on.

Joey talked to Jason and Jason responded in that stern business like manner he always seemed to have when he was not talking to girls or his brothers.

"How long have you worked for Jason?" I asked curiously when Greg had settled into the drivers seat.

He didn't seem to have expected me to talk to him.

He looked at me through the rear view mirror. I couldn't help but think he was debating whether it was a good idea to trust me with this information.
I couldn't blame him, from what I could deduce no one had really told them what my connection to the Callahans was. For all I knew, maybe they thought I was some gold digger. They had seen me with Alex and now I was with Jason.