Chapter 81.

"We... fought," I lied.

I'm not going to tell her the boy she raised was a cheater and he just treated me like a man should not treat a woman, kids are just how their parents raised them and I don't want her to feel wrong about her way she taught her kids to behave.

"Why that?" My mom asked.

"It is not easy," my eyes watered and I felt a tear falling from my cheek, why am I always crying for him? Because he was my first love and I still love him, is hard to let him go, "he'll be touring and our relationship can be tough because of it, I'm not skipping classes for that."

My mom rubbed my back and comforted me, something she hasn't done before.

"It's okay honey, but Harry didn't tell me you guys broke up," Anne said astonished.

Three weeks and he hasn't told her mom about it? Why? I didn't tell my mom because I haven't talked to her since the wedding.

There's something behind everything about Harry I don't really still know, there's something else he is hiding from me since we broke up and that's why he hasn't told anyone but the boys... -because they noticed it- we broke up, that we are nothing.

"I don't really know why," I assured, finally I say something true.

Anne had to return to Holmes Chapel after shopping, I bought... well, my mom bought me nice clothes and with Anne's help, she has great clothing choices despite the fact she is a 40-year-old woman, she has good knowledge about trending fashion things.

I drove with my mom back to the house, where Joe and Jacob were waiting for us with dinner. I didn't know Jonathan cooked so well, this was the first time in almost a month I'm glad to eat.

"Are you talking to Damon?" My mom asked me and I just looked at her, "I won't get mad or anything, he is your dad and you have the right to talk to him. I just want to know," she shrugged.

"I am." I said and returned my gaze to my plate; I don't want her to feel sad about it. I love her more than dad, of course, and she must know that. Not because I am talking him now, means I love her less.

"But not as much as I talk to you," I added.

In that moment my phone rang, Jacob was nearer from it than me so he put it on my hand and nodded. It was Harry, why was he making me answer the call when last night he told him to fuck off?

"I don't want to," I whispered.

"Don't be childish, Linda." He said and I stood up and walked to the kitchen after excusing myself.

Just when I was going to answer he hung up and sent me immediately a message.

*please answer, I promise I'm sober x.*

He sent.

I decided to call him back; I don't know why I'm still doing this? Just forget about him and continue with your life, alone.

"Hey," he said and interrupted my thoughts. His voice was down; he was sad or something similar, "how are you?"

"Uhm good and you?" This was the weirdest conversation I've ever had with him or basically someone.

"Doing well," he cleared his throat and coughed.

"Are you sick?" I asked.

"Just a bit," he sneezed, "I- I talked with my mom and she told me what you said, don't worry I followed what she said but," he cleared his throat once again, "why did you say that?"

"I just don't-anyone else needs to know the real reason,"

"I know why you did it and, thank you so much." He paused and then after a minute finally talked. "I really am sorry for everything and I know we talked and decided to at least try to be friends but just understand me-,"