Chapter 51. Edited.

Jolene opened the door and walked to her desk. Carter stood up and sat on the chairs in front of her, I sat on the empty one.

"So guys! Here you have your tickets," she gave them to us.

From February 11th to 14th. Valentine's Day.

I wanted to spend that day with Harry and not there in Italy with Carter, today he was so annoying.

"You'll go that day and you will have time the second day to make your article and half of the next one because you'll have a little meeting during Wednesday's night with our ally company there."

A meeting? Us?

"Well, is more a party? And I want you to go because there will be big company's managers of newspapers, magazines and television for you to meet and maybe give them some review about you for your future."

That was so good; she was such a kind woman.

"On Thursday you'll join all the information about the four shops and then on Friday or if you have time to do it that Thursday, give it to Carla that's our critic, and that's it."

She grabbed some papers that were below her desk and put into the Manila folder the documents.

"If you need something just call me," she said.

"And about the hotel-" she interrupted me.

"Oh right! You will have your rooms next to each other. It'll be a suite but with separated rooms," she explained. "Kids, I have a meeting so call me if you need something,"

She stood up and I could her notice little bump.

Everyone was getting pregnant now; it was a trend topic this year.

She ran out the office and my phone rang, it was my mom. I was going to answer but Carter talked to me.

"Is it that bad for you?"

"What?" I asked and canceled the incoming call.

"Travelling with me to Italy,"

"Huh, no." I lied.

"I know I was a jerk but I apologised and you act this way because of Harry, don't let him control you babe."

He stood up and walked out of the office. Was he the one who was upset now? I mean, he pretended to like me for almost a month and now I was the witch?

I parked the car and found Anne and Harry talking inside the Audi. Anne saw me and waved her hand to me.

"Let's go," she said and alighted out of the car.

"Where?" I asked confused.

"To buy the kitty," Anne said.

I completely forgot about the pet and she took this so serious.

"Oh,"

She opened the passenger door for me to sit there and she climbed into the seat behind me.

Harry drove us to a pet shop. There were turtles, dogs, parrots, hamsters, fish and obviously cats.

I was in love with one of those soft and furry kitties, his eyes were grey, white and black stripped fur with beautiful little claws. He was crying and meowing so hard and without even asking I lifted the animal and petted him.

He closed his eyes and tilted his head stroking it against my chest. It was the cutest thing ever.

"Do you like this one?" Harry whispered.