Chapter 43. Edited.

She was so jealous when she appeared in my house that day and then this lad took her to her house.

"She studies with me so I have a new friend there!" She was happy. I thought she disliked her.

I smiled and she returned her gaze to her family.

"And grades?" Her mom asked.

The conversation continued just about that.

At night they ordered Chinese food and then Linda took all the dishes to the kitchen. I followed her and we finally had a moment, alone.

"Sorry if you're feeling ignored. My family is always that way... well, my mom," she said without turning to face me.

"No problem," I said.

"And another thing," she turned around. "Today you can't sleep in the same bed with me... you know why," I nodded.

"It doesn't matter, I understand." of course I did but I wasn't happy for this.

"Thank you!" She kissed me.

I loved the way her naïve lips touched mine. We went back to the living room.

...

I've been trying to sleep for two hours and I can't yet. The sofa was just so uncomfortable and Jacob was making strange noises.

Maybe I could go to Kaylee's bedroom where Linda is sleeping and before everyone wakes up return to the couch.

I tiptoed to the door.

"Hold on, mate." Jacob whispered.

I turned around and he was looking at me. "What are you doing?"

"Isn't it obvious?" I answered.

"So that's what you want..." He said.

"What?"

"Sleep with her,"

"Man, that couch is just the worst bed ever," I explained.

"I'm not meaning that. I mean you are just with Linda to sleep with her. Isn't it?"

I got immediately pissed. He didn't know me and he couldn't say that.

"You are so wrong," I said. "That's false and I'm sleeping here tonight," I pointed the bedroom's door.

"If you hurt her I will not be responsible for what's going to happen to you," he laid down again.

"Yeah whatever," I opened the door.

She was hugging a pillow, her eyes were closed and you could barely know she was breathing. I was illuminating the room with my phone, I reached the bed and settled down trying not to wake her up.

"Harry?" She whispered.

"Yeah,"

"Is there something wrong?" She asked half asleep.

"I can't sleep there with the freak and the hard couch,"

I heard her laughing so low and then she hugged my chest. "Stay here then,"

She fell asleep once again. I closed my eyes after kissing her forehead. This bed was way more comfortable than the sofa and stupid Jacob's presence.

Linda's POV.

The sun wasn't this shiny a long ago. I was almost sweating, Harry was on me and I couldn't move.

When did he come here anyway?

I heard voices outside and woke up. My mom, Joe and Jacob were talking out there or maybe Jacob was talking to Francis, it was just one voice out there. I checked the time and it was 06:43am I had to start preparing myself for college.

Harry was still sleeping so I just gave him a little kiss on his cheek and walked into the bathroom. I decided to wear a light pink sweater, jeans and long beige boots. It was still cold in London.

I combed my hair and put some makeup on before going out to the kitchen.

Jacob was cooking something, it was probably bacon or something related to meat.

"Hey," I smiled.

He turned around and smiled.

"Hey, how did you guys sleep?"

"Pretty good," I knew he felt awkward. "And you?"

"I feel like wood, I can barely move... that couch is so uncomfortable," he laughed.

Now I remembered when Harry went to my room. His sofa was uncomfortable too.

"I'm sorry,"

"It doesn't matter really," he looked at me. "Just, we'll be apart again for a long time till Danny's marriage and I want you to promise me you'll take care of yourself with this boy."

Once again.

"Jacob, he is not bad. Okay?"

"I know I just have some doubts about him."

"You don't know him," I said and made toasts for all of us. "Let's just change the subject. How's your university admission going?"

He had to wait till January because the university he applied had so many applicants for August.

"I'm going to study in another one; they definitely didn't call me,"

"Where?" I asked.

"Manchester. I'll move to the campus next Monday,"

I hugged him. I was happy for him, thats an amazing university and had a lot of opportunities for industrial engineers.

"I'm so happy for you!" I said.

"Thanks, it's really important for me,"

We served the breakfast and then my mom and Joe woke up, Harry was still sleeping and soon we all were going to leave the house so I didn't want to leave him alone without telling him he would he home alone.

"Harry," I whispered and moved his arm to wake him up.

He opened slowly his eyes and then rubbed them. He was shirtless and sweating, it was actually so hot.

"I'm going right now to school," I said and sat on the bed.

"Really?" He checked his phone. "And your family?"

"They are still outside, finishing their breakfast,"

He sat and kissed me softly.

"I'm going to take a shower, I'll take you to college and then I'll go to my house to bring clothes," he explained.

"Okay. Just hurry up please," I smiled, so he did.

I kissed him again and he kissed my forehead.

"I will, it will be quick," he ran to the bathroom.

I went back to the dining table; they were almost finishing their breakfast. Then they took out all of their things and left them outside, in the corridor of the floor.

Harry was finally out, he had worn the same clothes for three days but they still smell so good. I don't know how he actually manages to smell this nice all the time.

"So, we are 'bout to get going," my mom said.

"Have an amazing day, work and study a lot," Joe told me.

"I'll call you when I'm in the campus," Jacob said.

"Yes please! And thanks for everything, thanks for loving mom," I said.

"Take care of her, mate..." Jacob said to Harry.

"I will," he put his hands on my waist, like showing him he will never let me go.