Chapter 42. Edited.

She finally understood that ruling me wasn't going to change a thing. Now that she was calm, I could find a moment to talk to her about Danny and my nephew.

"It must be hard isn't it?" my mom asked. "Even more if you have a relationship, you are apart from your family and friends for so long,"

I felt like no one in this conversation till now. Harry looked at me and squeezed softly my hand.

"It is," he continued, "but if you make the effort is easy," he smiled.

Harry was trying to be unrecognizable these days so we left the place through the back door. My mom was still talking to him, asking him about everything possible.

Maybe this was her plan to know him better.

"And your mom, what does she do? Your dad? Do you have siblings?"

"She is a baker, she is married to Robin and well, my dad is an entrepreneur and my sister just graduated from college. She is older than me,"

I was embarrassed, she was asking so much and I was getting stressed. She was even in the passenger seat and I was behind her while Harry was driving and answering her multiples questions.

"I work in a beauty shop, and it's mine and from... Jonathan," her voice was low now, "and is a very nice place. Maybe someday I can call your mom and give her a free spa day."

She was controlling me. She was controlling me in a different way but still stressful.

When we finally got home she decided to watch Discovery Channel because she wanted to watch this show she used to watch with Joe. I felt bad for her because everything she did or think was about him.
Now that I wasn't in the conversation I decided to call Jacob.

"He loves her and he did nothing wrong. The woman here was-," he stopped.

"Was what?" I asked.

"Don't get mad at me," he said.

"I will! I mean, he was cheating on my mom with her. Don't ask me not to get on my nerves after this."

"She wasn't with my dad," he gulped so hard, I even heard it.

"So?" I was confused.

"With me," he said.

He slept with an old woman and was our neighbour? It didn't make sense at all. He was defending her.

"I know this is weird but Francis and I are having a sort of relationship."

Francis was a girl from school; she was a year older than us when we graduated. Her eyes were light and her hair was dark; she was flawless.

"And my dad wasn't home; he was in the travel agency because something happened with the tickets for his trip,"

Maybe he was telling me the truth. Maybe he was dating Francis, she was the girl my mother was talking about.

Why was she wearing Joe's sweater then?

"I don't believe you, so why was she wearing your dad's sweater?"

"You know I don't use sweaters just shirts and leather jackets. I borrowed it to her."

It made sense, maybe my mom overreacted and I don't blame her. I'm just like her in that aspect, and she had been cheated on before so she believed it had happened again.

"They love each other so much, don't let them split up. Are you mad because I'm with Francis?"

It was weird but I was happy for him, I loved him so much and I wanted the best for him.