Chapter 56. Edited.

"I didn't want to lie to you but I was expelled from college because I had a problem so I couldn't study anymore, my uncle gave me this job and well I needed to change myself into a better version of me. Then I met you and I was like no Carter if you like this girl you can't show her the real you because you're a freaking boy who looks like a killer so I didn't tell you anything."

He rolled his eyes because the man took out from his pocket another BigMac.

"So I just did it because I really li-liked you," he mumbled.

Maybe it was true, maybe it wasn't true. I just heard and he was right, he had to be for three or four days together so we couldn't be fighting for everything.

"Okay, I believe you. I forgive you," I said and he smiled.

"Friends again?"

"Yup!"

He hugged me but I jerked away without being respectful.

...

We finally got to Rome, I hadn't been here and just spending one more minute made me love every single part of the city. A car waited for us in the airport and took us to the hotel. Our room was just as big as an apartment and each bedroom was big as the rooms in Harry's house.

I was hungry and thirsty so we went to the cafeteria to eat something and then we sat in front of the big pool because the day was hot.

I love Harry but Carter tells better jokes than him. I had a terrible ache on my chest because of the laughter I was having.

I threw my flats and lay even more comfy.

"Linda..." Carter touched my ankle's skin. "Did you really get a tattoo?" He asked astonished.

"Oh yeah, yesterday."

"Wow!" He mouthed. "This is new; I never thought you'd actually do something like that." He said,"I like it, it makes you look hotter."

He said and I just looked at him strangely awkward, it was uncomfortable for him to call me "hot".

I almost forgot my brother lives in Rome so meanwhile Carter went to buy another Coca-Cola I called him.

"Can we have dinner today?" Danny asked me.

"Sure! But you need to come for me because I will get lost."

"I will sis, so see you later!" He said and hung up.

Then I sent a message to Harry.

*the flight was so good even though I'll smell BigMac the entire day. I already miss you my valentine x*

Maybe it was a little girly but I thought it was nice.

He never replied, maybe he was with his friends or something.

I was so tired because I didn't sleep too much last night so I went to my room and Carter stayed in the suite watching TV while I took a long nap.

...

Danny came for me in a beautiful Mini Cooper. I loved those cars and my brother owned one.

"You must let me drive this before I'm gone!" I said and hugged him.

"How are you girl?" He asked me.

"Pretty good!" I replied.

"I'm glad to see you, let's go."

We got to a beautiful apartment. Julie had actually a good taste in furniture, paintings and colour walls.

Her bump was big now, you could note her pregnancy.

It was obvious I was going to eat spaghetti in Rome and Julie cooked the best I've ever tasted.

We talked about his jobs, about the baby, about me and Harry, about my scholarship and free time job.

"So I have two important things to tell you," Danny said to me.

"What?"

I was scared. He wasn't smiling so it meant it was something not good at all. Lately he's been giving us too much news that I can't even imagine what happened now.

"Dan," Julie put her hand on my brother's hand and shook her head.

"What happened?" I asked again.

"I'll tell you the good news first,"

Good news first. It meant there was bad news.

"We planned and paid everything for the weeding. It will be in Los Angeles," he said.

I gulped. Why? There I spent the worst times for my childhood.

"Because of the weather and you guys are from America, you were raised there and it will be lovely if we get married by the beach." Julie added.

"Okay, so when will it be?"

I wasn't so happy but it wasn't my marriage so I couldn't tell them I strongly disagreed with this.

"Two weeks," Danny answered.

"I'm glad!" I faked a smile.

Then they were silent and looked at each other.

"The bad news," Danny started talking. "I'm talking–I've been talking to dad,"

My hurt stopped for a minute when I heard the word– dad.

"He had helped me so much with my career and job, his son works in the same restaurant I work at."

I wasn't ready to know about this man, I was too happy now to ruin my life knowing that this man was still alive. I wasn't ready to know he had a son that worked as a chef, it meant he cheated on mom before or while I was born.

"And he is our dad," he continued. "So I invited him to the weeding,"

This was enough. I couldn't believe this.

"How the fuck could you do it, Daniel? He is a jerk that left us alone!" I screamed and stood up. "He cheated on mom, abandoned us and the best years of my life were ruined for him! For his drinking addiction! For the way he sucked my mom and I's relationship! Fuck off, I'm not going to your marriage."

I was so pissed. I didn't know where the hotel was but I just left the house and grabbed a taxi.

--
Edited.