Chapter 2. -Edited.

"He liked you," Matt laughed.

I look up at him and furrow my eyebrows, "who?"

He smiles like a creep, "Harry Styles."
"What a liar. We didn't even talk."
"But while you were writing he was staring at you. That's not normal, sunshine. Harry is a heartrob. I would be jumping up and down right now."
"Yes, that's why you must see I'm way too ugly for a pop star."
"Believe me, when I say something I'm talking serious. You are gorgeous, girl,"
"Thanks but a boy like him will never EVER like someone like me."

I took my belongings and went to my little desk; I sent the interview to Matt so he could modify it and print it. I just had in my mind what had Matt tell me, I couldn't think in another thing but Harry. I made a whole research about One Direction in that moment. What if he did really look at me all the time? No way, that couldn't happen.
It was late and I hadn't eaten anything for thinking in that short conversation with Matt and the fact that I noticed he was looking at me.
When I remembered I had to feed myself to be able to live I went to the cafeteria; which was in the second level. I saw Carter and the others in a table so I approached them to eat with them. When I sat I noticed I didn't take cutlery, as sluggish as I am, I stood up lazily from my seat and turned to my side towards-.

"Holly Molly, I'm so sorry..." the guy who throw his drink on me said. I just met his eyes and laughed, his expression was funny.

He saw me confused and then I noticed he was Louis... or maybe Liam, no wait, Niall; all I knew is that he wasn't Zayn or Harry. God Linda, remember the photo of the website!
"Don't mind, it's okay." I replied.
"I ruined your shirt, of course it's not okay."
"Both of us are guilty, okay? Me for turning around in a harsh way and you for messing up my blouse," He giggled.
He was charming and handsome, just like Harry.
"Ok, but I apologize again. I'm Liam Payne, nice to meet you," he shook my hand. I remember reading about him as the cute gentle one, surely he was.
"You too, I'm Linda Williams," He grimaced like saying 'oh holly molly' again but with his eyes.
"Something's wrong?" I asked him.
"No, anything is wrong." he didn't seem too convinced with his own answer.
"Okay... I'm going to clean up my blouse, nice to meet you, Liam."
I didn't say anything else. I walked to the bathroom and tried to remove the lemonade of my shirt. It wasn't too difficult because it seemed like just water so I took my blouse off and put my sweater on. I washed it till it was completely wet but the stain gone.

I put it into my purse, in a plastic bag I've got there for an emergency just like this one, and when I opened the door Harry was in front of me laughing with a girl, she was touching his chest like asking him implicitly for something beyond a laugh.

I took a deep breath and walked away like I didn't notice him right in front of me.
"Linda, how rude!" he screamed. I turned around and he frowned.
"Uhm... sorry?" the girl next to him was killing me with her gaze; if she'd had a knife she'd stab me right in the heart.
"You didn't say hi,"
"Oh, sorry, hi." I was mad. We had barely talked but seeing him acting so... that way with that girl, made me freak the freak out thanks to what Matt had told me. I felt stupid because I couldn't be jealous of someone I didn't know and I just forgot what happened and walked to my table.

When I got home, Kaylee asked me about One Direction. Appareantly, she was a very huge fan so I told her what I could, leaving behind what Matt told me and the indicent in the bathroom.

...
The next day, I went back to work, time to interview the other boys. First it was Liam; he apologized twice again before I started writing. Niall was so soft and funny... he laughed of himself even if it wasn't that witty. Zayn was serious but hilarious at the same time. Then there was Louis, he answered everything using a fun fact and I was so entertained in what he said I almost forgot I needed to transcribe everything.
"Well, thanks, we are doing the photo-shoot now; will you like to come over?" Louis asked us.
I looked at Matt to wait for an answer and then agreed. We were behind cameras, I searched for Harry around all of those people and there he was, laughing again with another woman, with one had purple/blonde hair.
During the interview he said "I have a lot of friends, some of them are girls and I'm not shy with me, I hang out with them but I'm dating no one." that made sense now, he was single so he could talk to any girl that comes near him so he wouldn't have any troubles if he happened to be in a relationshipl. I enjoyed seeing Niall and Louis fightíng about who should have eaten the majority of the Cheetos, Zayn and Liam hugging every minute, like, if each other had a "free hug" sign on the back.

When the cameras stopped taking pictures I tried to look out for Harry, just to know if he was still talking to the "blondie" but I didn't spot him from the place I was, so I gave three steps to the right and when I was going to give another one because I believed I saw him I stumbled but before falling, someone caught me.
"Hey, Miss Anger. You're welcome," another boy of them said, mocking me.
"I'm not angry... thanks," I stand on my own feet, "why do you say so? I mean... that I'm angry,"
"I've been seeing you all day, you don't ever smile," he crossed his arms under his chest while judging me with his gaze.
"I smile all the time, you don't know me... we have met for two minutes? I have laughed today, but you haven't been around when I do."
"Okay, then. I want to see you laughing."
I raised my eyebrows.
"There's nothing funny to make me laugh,"
"But during the whole shoot we just joked and pissed everyone but when I looked right at you, you were even more serious than my grandma. She's not a lady you should play with." He laughed and raised his hand. His arm was full of tattoos and then I noticed that on his chest there was one too. These boys were like a newspaper, full of drawings and letters.
I set my foot on the ground to walk and it hurt me as hell, maybe I had sprained it.
"Are you okay?" he asked me worried when I wobbled again.
"Yes, I think so..." I felt my foot puffing off, the pain was even worse now. He saw me terrified so he squatted and then looked at me.
"Can I take a look?" I nodded. He touched my ankle gently but I still had to bite my tongue so that I didn't scream and then he added, "My mom is a nurse, and according to what I've learnt, is broken or maybe sprained."
I knew it, and he was a very good guy. I like him, and Liam was a gentleman too... except for the womanizer one they all were nice and humble.
"You'd better go to the doctor." he affirmed. He helped me walking to the nearest chair and then I heard the blondie calling him, his name was "Louis" (the funny one according to that one article I read) she saw us and came near us.
"What happened to you, sweetie?" she wasn't young, maybe she was in her thirties, and it made sense now. Harry just likes older girls. I couldn't deny she was very good-looking.

Louis explained her about what had just happened to me and strangely she was even more worried than Louis, she was nice... maybe that's why Harry liked her; she was prettier and sweeter than the slut touching him the day before. They both agreed it was the best to take me to the hospital so Louis went to tell Matt to give me the day free because I was "work injured", he barely knew me and he was so nice with me. Blondie stayed with me, while we waited for Louis.
"Well, Liam and Niall are going to their flats in other towns." she knew all of them so well, so lucky, "and Louis is flying to France, Zayn is gone already but Harry and I, he is going to take me home and maybe he could take you to the doctor."
"Oh, no, thanks but I'm doing fine. I really am." I wasn't telling her the truth, but I didn't want to be a third-wheel.
"Girl, we are taking you there." She phoned someone meanwhile Louis came to us again.
Him and one of their bodyguards helped me walking to the elevator and taking me to Harry's car. Blondie was already there. It was a black big truck, Range Rover read in the front. I climbed into the car and then thanked them both, Louis for being such a gentleman with me and the other man for helping me walk.
Harry saw me through the rear mirror and smiled.
"Linda, I never thought you were the sprained girl."

'Stop calling my name.' I thought.
Blondie told Harry about what had happened to me and during the conversation I knew her name, it was Louise. We arrived to a nice house with gray walls and green roof. Louise said goodbye to us and then climbed off, so I had to go to the doctor with Mr. Girls-expert? Okay, I didn't love the idea though.
"I'm so sorry for your feet." He said.
"Don't mind, its okay," I smiled at him while he was staring at me through the rear mirror.
"I'm going to take you to your house and there we'll call a doctor, it's better than waiting to be attended. Are you okay with it?"
"Yes, please."
I dictated him the address and we drove there. He was listening to Foster The People, a band I really liked and I can't believe we have the same taste in music. There was a lot of silence which was really uncomfortable.
"Louise is a nice girl... and Louis is such a nice guy too," I told him.
"Yes they are. They both love helping others, especially Louis," I thought he would've mentioned Louise. "That's nice." he nodded.
We had arrived to my house by then, I opened the door and tried to climb out of the car without setting the foot on the ground but the car was just so big I couldn't reach the floor easily. While I was struggling I heard Harry saying "shit" and then in the blink of an eye he was in front of me.
"Sorry, I don't know... I'm so lost. Support your body on my shoulder." He hugged my waist and helped me down.

Our noses barely touched but I bristled.

- -
Edited (40.3K)