Chapter 26. Edited.

I didn't have the right to know but who was him?

"And who are you?" I asked.

"Can you please give your phone to Linda for a moment?" The boy asked.

He seemed worried or surprised so I handed my phone to her.

Linda's POV.

"Dan!" I screamed when I heard my brother's voice.

"Linda! Finally, where's your phone?" He asked me.

"Oh...it's dead," I remember I didn't charge it. Harry had the same phone as me so I should borrow his charger after hanging up the call.

"OMG! Linda! In a foreign country without phone?"

"First of all we both were born here and second of all, you are talking like mom... like my dad so shut up,"

"Am I preparing well?" He asked me. It was maybe a statement.

"Preparing what?"

"To be a dad,"

"Don't do this to me. Okay? You are my brother and there's way too much for you to do this to a kid,"

"Maybe in a couple months?" His tone was relaxed but nervous at the same time.

Months? Couple of months? What I was thinking wasn't happening.

"Is your girlfriend pregnant?!" I asked astonished, scared and surprised.

"Umm... yes. Since yesterday, well... We found out yesterday her three months of pregnancy," he said.

I almost threw away the phone if it was mine but it wasn't so I put it on the shelf of the bathroom and looked right at my eyes, they were red. I was going to be an aunt in six months and my 22 year old brother was going to be a dad. Shit.

"Linda?" I heard the phone speaking. I grabbed it again.

"Why didn't you use the expensive condom?" I asked angrily. He was too young to be a father.

He laughed and when he noticed I was talking serious he stopped.

"99.9% of the time it doesn't work," he said. "I knew you would react this way but I just wanted to let you know, mom doesn't know and I don't know how to tell her this. I need support, Linda..." he was desperate.

"Just because we have similar DNA I'm helping you. Okay?" I said.

He asked me for advice to know how to tell my mom about this, he was always the perfect son until this. I helped him and when I noticed we had talked for two hours and I left Harry alone and I had his phone.

I hung up and walked out the bathroom, Harry was sleeping on the couch with half of the pizza in the square box. I sat behind him and grabbed a slice that was half bitten; I was starving so I drank from a glass of yellow liquid, it was apple juice. When I finished eating I took the box and left it in the kitchen, washed the glass he used and cleaned up a little; I was just a little bored.

I heard someone coming behind me and when I turned around there was him, he was a feet afar me.

"Hey..." He had this raspy and tired voice that drove me crazy.

"Hi," I waved, "sorry for taking too long..."

"Don't worry... who was it?"

"My brother and he told me my mom gave it to him. Why does she have your number anyways?" I wanted to know. My mom was too embarrassing.

"I asked hers and well, she has mine," he answered.

"Ok that's weird," I said and we both laughed. "Why?" I asked.

"Because I thought before that day you were not going to talk to me so I wanted to be sure that we didn't lose contact," he was so serious and said all that in a very slow voice.

Why would he think that? Maybe I was stressed because there was a boy in my room in the morning and my mom would have made this big deal about it. Who wouldn't by the way?

"Why'd I stop talking to you?"

"You were just so pissed off with me after I walked downstairs with your mother,"

This was the deepest conversation we've ever had.

"I was stressed because my mom is so protective and seeing me with you there... anything good to think about,"

"We didn't do anything. And besides, you are an adult, she can't treat you like a baby forever,"

When I talk with someone about my mom or my family I get really pissed. Even though I love my brother; my family sucks. And now that Danny was going to be father, the relationship was going to be worse. Danny had never ever before had a problem, or any argue with mom, I was worried for him and sad because I knew this wasn't going to be good at all. Neither them, nor me.

"Can we change the subject?" I asked.

"Yeah, sorry," he apologized. "Can you answer my question?" Harry asked me.

I didn't remember the question; I just had in my mind Danny and my mom in this moment.

"If Gemma happens to get pregnant like now, how'd you react?"

I noticed my question was stupid. He was the most relaxed boy I've ever met.

"I will beat the ass of the one who did that. She's too young," he answered. Actually, I was surprised by his answer. "Why?"

I wasn't sure if I could or should tell him but I just wanted to talk about it.

"My brother's fiancée is pregnant. And Danny is just Gemma's age..."

"Oh," that was the only thing that came out from his mouth. "But if she is his fiancée, they must get married before the baby is born so that they both will be more into the pregnancy and be official parents when the kid is born,"

I had never heard him talking this way before. I thought he just had in his mind: music, silly jokes, food and more silly jokes.

This was actually beautiful, he was so right. Danny was an adult and I was completely sure he will take care of my future nephew. Well he was actually my nephew now; I was aunt of a little three months egg.

"Yeah you are right," I said.

"He called you to tell you that?" He asked and I nodded. "How did your mom react about this?"

That was what I was wondering. She overreacted everything all the time so knowing this... maybe she fainted, passed out, threw up her vegetables and natural milkshake or had a heart attack.

"Dan is telling her this right now," I answered.

I was really worried. I felt something wrong was going on. What if she decided to kick him out of the house? Never talk to him again? Make Julie abort or something like that? Those thoughts gave me headache and stomachache, immediately.

"Don't worry," He got closer and hugged me. He stroked me against his chest and pressed his cheek against my head.

"Your brother will be a good dad and that girl is just, seems good. Your mother must chill out, he is old enough to know what he is doing so this is his own trouble not hers."

Why the hell was he always right? Ugh.

I felt relieved, laying on his chest and feeling his support felt so good.
I pulled him softly to talk to him.

"You are right but I'm just worried. I don't want my family even more divided now after this," his eyes were directly looking mines, I was overwhelmed.

"It won't. If your mother doesn't like the news you can always be with your brother. Just because she doesn't want something for her, it doesn't mean you have to do the same."

Again; so right.

"I know, thanks," I kissed his cheek without even thinking. "I really appreciate knowing you..."