Chapter 20. Edited.

"Hey, I forgot to tell you something,"

"What?" I asked him.

"That you don't have to pay the driver, I already did," he was so nice, I wanted to do something for him but I was too poor to do it.

"Thank you so much daddy," I laughed.

"No problem," he laughed and hung up the phone.

I had never been before to Kaylee's house in LA because is the first time my mom lets me go somewhere on my own. The house was huge, all white; you can smell the water of the blue pool from the door gate. It was just stunning. I called her before knocking the door. It was sunny but with a cold breeze, Kay opened the door, she was wearing shorts and a little shirt. I was cold while she was burning up.

"And this will be your room," she opened the door. It was the size of our flat in just one little room. "My mom made me give you your own space but you'll stay with me," she laughed, so did I.

"Thank you. I'll leave my things here," I threw my purse on the bed and left my bags near the door.

"It's so hot, damn," I exclaimed.

There was something inside her house that made the weather hot.

"I'm going to be in the kitchen, take your time to change your clothes." She closed the door.

I just took out from my bag some pretty denim shorts, a tank top and a sweater. I took a little shower and made my hair up in a bun, I didn't put makeup on because she was my best friend and she had seen me this way before. I went to the kitchen and she was preparing Nutella sandwiches and cold black tea with two ice cubes each.

We went to the back-garden to tan our legs with the little hot sun. I forgot completely to tell her I flew with Harry so I told her about it. She wasn't surprised with his behaviour, still she was astonished that I told him about my dad because she knows how secretive I am.

"So do you like him?" She asked.

"Yes," I admitted for the first time to someone.

"And he likes you for sure... I mean no one just wanting to be your friend treats you that way." She was right, always.

But it was better for my mental health to believe he was just kind with everyone so then I'm not heartbroken if I am wrong.

"Maybe." I answered.

"You should call him to hang out," she suggested.

"No... I came here to spend time with you and besides, he is here with friends,"

Then she told me about this boy she met in the beach that was calling her everyday to hang out but she rejected him with silly excuses because she was still in love with Jake. How can she still exist in love with that asshole?

"You better say yes, stop thinking about that jerk and move on," I told her.

"Let's make a deal,"

"What?" I questioned.

"I'm going to call David if you call Harry," she's not serious.

"No way... I'm not that desperate to call him now. We've just been apart like for two hours,"

"Well, at night," she was smiling like a freak.

"Okay," I replied without thinking.

We spend the rest of the day with my best friend doing absolutely nothing. At night her parents took us out for dinner so I couldn't say no. We arrived late to her house so instead of calling them we sent them a message.

*hey, I just wanted to let you know I'm okay. How are you?* I sent.

Kay was even more direct than me, she just told him she was going to accept hanging out with him on Wednesday. He replied her immediately a large *Yeeesss!* meanwhile Harry didn't.

The next day we went shopping, all day, and then to walk at the beach. I was wearing a simple long sleeved blouse and a nice black shorts with sandals.

"This is nice. I'm going to come more often with you instead of freezing in England,"

"Come whenever you want, my dad likes you and my mom does too. I would like to be that way with your mom,"

My mom didn't like so much Kaylee because she said she was bad influence even though we've been friends for three years and she has done nothing wrong.

"Sorry... she is just so... weird," I just couldn't believe she didn't like Kaylee but she liked Harry and he was full tattooed and different, in a good way.

"I know!" She laughed.

We walked back home, I checked all the time my phone but Harry never answered, maybe he was too busy to talk to me. He was so good to be true for two days, maybe he was with another girl now.
And I wasn't wrong, Kaylee showed me some pictures of him and a group of friend including Kendall Jenner, skiing.

Why did he want me to go skiing with him? To introduce me his girlfriend? Thanks to god I didn't remember the invitation and accepted it. Just in the moment I curled in my bed my phone lighted up.

*I'm doing soooooo good thanks, it'd have been funnier if you had come to ski with me.* he replied.

Of course he was doing good and funnier? It meant seeing me not knowing how to ski was funny?

I ignored him but accidentally left on read the message. So then he sent to me. *but we can hang out when you want, we can ski again if you want*

This time I didn't reply or left the message read.

Wednesday morning I woke up and saw Kaylee with my phone in her hands.

"What are you doing?" I asked while yawning.

"Harry replied and you didn't. He invited you out,"

"No, he didn't." He just wanted to have a laugh.

"Jesus Linda. Stop being so difficult and just seeing bad things on this boy!!" she cried.

I didn't want to see him in a completely good way because I'd like him even more and that would be hurtful. I know he is a good person but I just didn't want to get hurt.

"I'm not being difficult okay?" I defended. "I just don't want to ruin his vacations."

"You are not going to! Call him and accept or I will!" She yelled.

I grabbed my phone and rolled my eyes. Dialed his number and he immediately answered the call.

"Hey, are you mad with me?" He asked.

"No, why?"

"You didn't reply my messages... are you okay then?" He seemed worried.

"I was... I fell asleep after reading them," I lied. "Sorry,"

"Never mind, I was about to call you," he laughed, "I wanted to know if today or tomorrow you would like to hang out?" He asked me.