Chapter 58. Edited.

He actually talked to them like if they were old friends of him.

"Is this the girl, son?" A woman said.

Holy moly! Were these his parents? Now I do understand why he came here with me. His parents were the owners of the clothes' shops and that was why I was going to talk about it in the magazine, because of his uncle.

Like everything made sense now.

"Yes she is, come Linda." He pointed me where to sit after he moved the chair back for me to settle down.

"Such a cutie." His dad, I guess, said.

"Carter told us about you being an amazing article writer," the other woman said and smiled at me.

"I guess so," I answered shyly.

I asked them about their company and about all the three shops they already had in the country. They were classy, elegant and simple like Carter, well how he pretended to be these months.

"Carter's told us a lot about you," his dad said, his name was Max.

I looked at Carter a little confused about him talking about me with his folks and he shrugged.

"When did you guys start dating exactly?" His mom, Melissa asked me.

What the actual hell? I faked my better grin.

"I need to go to the bathroom. Can you come with me, Cart?" I asked him.

He stood up and walked behind me to the toilet. I shook my air into the air asking for an explanation about the question I was just asked.

"I really am sorry," he put his fist on his eye, reminding me to Harry. "I guess I told them that you were my girlfriend? They want a good girl with me and you are a good and stunning girl and I just wanted to impress them. They never thought I'll meet a girl like you."

I really feel him, I know we always want to impress our life givers but saying I'm his girlfriend when I have a boyfriend was just too much.

"I'll love to help you faking this even though I hate lies and you are still lying, like with this, but I'm in a relationship and I just can't pretend to be yours when I'm not." I said confidently.

"I know, I'll tell them the truth."

He walked to the table.

His parents seemed too judgmental like my mother, I knew how it felt and they will be so disappointed when he told them the real truth.

Before Carter opened his mouth I opened mine.

"A month ago, I think." I said. I answered to the question, I wasn't sure why and how I was capable for doing so but I just did it.

"Wow..." Melissa smiled and congratulated us.

...

"Thank you so freaking much," Carter hugged me.

He hasn't talked to me since I talked to his parents. I know I just saved his life from a big judgment.

"It's okay, just this time. Then you'll tell them we broke up because uhm for me being pretty obnoxious?"

"I will! Thanks!" He hugged me again.

I gently separated my body from his, and he rubbed my cheek with his thumb. He got closer and when I noticed he was going to kiss me I jerked away.

"No Carter, I'm with Harry and I love him." I said sharply.

Ouch. I knew it hurt him.

"I don't feel like going to that party too." I said.